Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Recruiting Anecdotes

On Marrow: "Vince's (Marrow) specialty is relationships," Coach Mark Stoops said. "To see him in his element is something to watch. He works exemely hard at his job. I'm very, very excited about Vince - I'm impressed at how detail he is."

Vince Marrow quotes: He said even though they recruited Steven Borden for tight ends, he is impressed with the abilities of Anthony Kendrick who is presently on the roster. He said Kendrick has his academics together and everything is in order for a big season. "He's the first guy I met with when I first came in and let him know my expectations. I've had no trouble. he is a good player. When I watched all the film he was one of the first guys I would've recruited to Nebraska. That kid has maybe the ability to play at the next level." He said its whose coaching you and whether you can give him a little love and get the best out of him. He said Borden as well as Kendrick fits what they like to do. "He's (Borden) very athletic and can stretch the field." Marrow said. He can block well and has the hands you are looking for."

John Schlarman quotes: In such a short time how did you pull such a good group? He said - "We
    hit the ground running and of cource some the guys were already on the board." He would not talk about whether any of these guy would be early break through's.

Chad Scott: We adressed with Scott the versatility in the run game and what is his idea of that phenomenon? With versatility you are talking about running the football and catching the ball out of the backfield. "When defenses key in to try and stop that, we put you out wide and motion you in the back field. We can put you in the backfield and motion you out wide. He like's the downhill running of Jonathan George but the thing all of the backs here is catching the ball out of the back field." he said Jojo Kemp has all ot those skills and he is very excited to see him on the practice field.

Jimmy Brumbaugh quotes: He said that schematically they are going to be a four down team. "Jason Hatcher is unbelievable in his ability to change direction and has explosive power. When I first got here, I knew he was a big time player if he works hard and develops." He said the thing he needs is to teach Hatcher the game. He said just teach him how to play. "The things he got away with in high school you can't get away with in high school." When asked about Za'Darius Smith he smiled and hesitated. "That's long one. You know when he played for me he had played only year of high school ball and he has a tremendous up-side. When we got involved with him he had used all of his official visits and he trusted me enough in me enough in my coaching career to follow me to Kentucky. He came here over Texas Tech and Texas. When I took the job here he was on an official visit to Texas."

Derrick Ansley quotes: It's always interesting to explore the jump from Tennessee to Kentucky and the rivalry it carries - kind of like the Hatfields and McCoys. Ansley didn't flinch and said - "I hate to repeat what Coach Stoops just said but this place is a sleeping giant in its location where you can go in any direction - a four or five hour drive and find players. We have a lot to recruit to here. And I wanted the opportunity to coach under a defensive guy like Coach Stoops and coach (D. j.) Eliot."
  • KSR Twitter Feed