Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Daytona Beach writer on JoJo Kemp

Brian Linder of the Daytona Beach News Journal thinks Kentucky got a special player in running back JoJo Kemp.

“The first time I saw Jojo play was the ESPN2 game against Jacksonville Sandalwood. Sandalwood had a handful of big-time Division 1 guys on its defense — including DeMarcus Walker and Kain Daub — and Kemp rushed for 210 yards and two touchdowns. And, I think, he showed that he is a complete back,” Linder said. “He is not a burner, but he has good burst — when he sees the open field he hits another gear — and decent speed.

“He keeps his feet moving and had great balance. He is deceptively strong and does a good job of bouncing off tacklers. He is not afraid to run between the tackles. He just has all the tools to be a very good player at the next level.”

Linder expected Kemp to go to either West Virginia or Pittsburgh.

“I believe he had two SEC offers — Kentucky and Tennessee. I think he is driven by the fact that he feels he was a bit overlooked early. In that case, it makes sense that he would want to prove himself in the SEC,” Lincer said.

“He could be an impact player next season. I don't think there's any doubt. It won't be easy in the SEC, but he seems like the type of kid that will keep battling until he earns playing time.”
    Comments 1 Comment
      Terry Blue -
      He's not the only one that thinks he could be our main man next season. Rivals ranks him as the #10 all purpose back, think UK likes him for the offense we new play, and he played that style in hs
  • KSR Twitter Feed