Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• A seminal moment?

I believe a lot of very successful teams have that seminal moment that signals that a team is bonding and coming together. When we look back on this season, there might be a ring around the Auburn game as the one where things began to gel.

From where I was seated behind the basket I could see the plays develop and watch the play along the baseline. Both of Jarods drives to the basket were a thing of beauty. Not only did his four mates part theOrange Sea, Jarod was quick to the basket and had a very determined and confident look on his face And for the first time Poy and Archie appeared confident with what they were doing. For the first time in a while, they seemed to react instinctively to what was happening.

But there was one moment in the game where I thought the players understood what Kentucky basketball is all about. It was a love shared between the players and UK fans as the referees were reviewing the hard foul committed by Chubb. There was a skirmish on the floor after the foul. After the players were untangled an emotional Go Big Blue cheer erupted, by far the loudest of the night. The players turned to the fans. Nerlens clapped to the cheer. Harrow and a couple of others got the fist pumps going. It was a true release of emotion on the part of the players. Each one exuded the confidence of the prize fight winner. The personality of this team is emerging. I can't wait to see what transpires at the Capstone on Tuesday. I believe we'll like what we see.

Comments 69 Comments
      MickintheHam -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rock Hard Ten View Post
      So, are any of the Alabama BBN mafia attending tonight's game???
      I don't do the Alabama game anymore, but my daughter says she will be getting off of the sick bed to attend. (it's going to take a miracle in the next 8 hours). Coleman is a great place for a UK fan to go if you are looking for a fight. Not much need to go there for basketball. It is the ugliest place in the SEC to watch a game.
      Darrell KSR -
      I cannot make it, and in fact, will miss the game on TV, too. It's a shame, because it's an easy drive, and tickets are generally easy to get for this game. The run-down old building seats more than 15,000, and other than UK and Auburn, they don't get close to that number.
      Darryl -
      I am working tonight, but trust me on this, you do not want me to attend a game in the state of Alabama. Games I
      attended:

1/23/78 UK loses to Bama 78-62 1st loss of season
      1/13/79 UK loses at Bama 55-52. I was 3-1 in the SECT
      1980 SECT I was 2-1
      1/17/1981 UK loses at Bama 59-55.....0-1 in SECT.......3/15/81 UK loses to UAB 69-62 in NCAAT (Great year!!)
      1983 0-1 in SECT
      1985 0-1 in SECT
      1995 1-1 in NCAAT beats Arizona State, UK loses to UNC with me sitting in the Tar Heel Section (that was fun)

So, UK has won nearly 77% of every game they've played. UK is 6-10 for 37.5% with me watching here in Alabama

Darryl
      TonyRay -
      Well I at least am 1-0 but only 2-3 if you include football! Started thinking about it, have only seen them lose 10 times live as far as I can remember and most of those were in the SEC tourney.
      MickintheHam -
      It is an easy drive and I like Tuscaloosa. But, Coleman is a dump. There are a lot of bad seats.
      jazyd -
      I am much better than you. Been in miss since 1979 and have seen almost every game in Starkville and have seen 2 L's and have not seen any in Oxford or Baton Rouge. Probably will see my first one in Oxford next week

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
      I am working tonight, but trust me on this, you do not want me to attend a game in the state of Alabama. Games I
      attended:

1/23/78 UK loses to Bama 78-62 1st loss of season
      1/13/79 UK loses at Bama 55-52. I was 3-1 in the SECT
      1980 SECT I was 2-1
      1/17/1981 UK loses at Bama 59-55.....0-1 in SECT.......3/15/81 UK loses to UAB 69-62 in NCAAT (Great year!!)
      1983 0-1 in SECT
      1985 0-1 in SECT
      1995 1-1 in NCAAT beats Arizona State, UK loses to UNC with me sitting in the Tar Heel Section (that was fun)

So, UK has won nearly 77% of every game they've played. UK is 6-10 for 37.5% with me watching here in Alabama

Darryl
      UKFlounder -
      To answer the question in the subject line: Nope.
      blueboss -
      Two steps forward, three steps backwards
      BarristerCat -
      This team has a brilliant knack for crapping all over anything good that happens this season.
  • KSR Twitter Feed