Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• A seminal moment?

I believe a lot of very successful teams have that seminal moment that signals that a team is bonding and coming together. When we look back on this season, there might be a ring around the Auburn game as the one where things began to gel.

From where I was seated behind the basket I could see the plays develop and watch the play along the baseline. Both of Jarods drives to the basket were a thing of beauty. Not only did his four mates part theOrange Sea, Jarod was quick to the basket and had a very determined and confident look on his face And for the first time Poy and Archie appeared confident with what they were doing. For the first time in a while, they seemed to react instinctively to what was happening.

But there was one moment in the game where I thought the players understood what Kentucky basketball is all about. It was a love shared between the players and UK fans as the referees were reviewing the hard foul committed by Chubb. There was a skirmish on the floor after the foul. After the players were untangled an emotional Go Big Blue cheer erupted, by far the loudest of the night. The players turned to the fans. Nerlens clapped to the cheer. Harrow and a couple of others got the fist pumps going. It was a true release of emotion on the part of the players. Each one exuded the confidence of the prize fight winner. The personality of this team is emerging. I can't wait to see what transpires at the Capstone on Tuesday. I believe we'll like what we see.

Comments 69 Comments
      Darrell KSR -
      I think you must've been, Flounder.

It is uploaded--CitizenBBN might be working his magic on it like he normally does. I'll be honest; I can barely think straight right now. I am operating on 90 minutes of sleep last night, and got home an hour ago from Montgomery (with side trips to volleyball tournament, kids' basketball game, church, and dinner, and took a look at the camera to see if I could upload it easily enough for our purposes.)

I hope you watch it--it's in Mick's post. His description was better than the video, by far, but at least it gives you a little sense of what was going on. Those orange empty chairs used to be filled with orange shirted Auburn fans who had departed by that time, but you can probably tell, the Big Blue had not left. It really was a chilling moment, and I wish I had panned down to see the players maybe a tad sooner--but you get the drift.

Thank you, Mick. The description of the moment was perfect.
      CitizenBBN -
      ETWNAPPEL -
      Cool video Darrell.
      MickintheHam -
      Looks like you got the last few seconds of that. The players started out under the basket where they were doing the fist pumps and helping to lead the cheers. But there is enough in what you have to show that these guys were enjoying themselves as much as they could. Remember this isnt at the end of the game this is while they are waiting for the officials to make the call. Fun Night!
      Rock Hard Ten -
      Just watched the video.....that is really special......after all of the disappointments thus far this year......the BBN and players come together and bond......a video for a special place in the archives.....
      TonyRay -
      Was a special moment just like the last time we were there for football. The other night we had a very balanced attack and many stuffed the stat sheet. The team seemed to come together which is the only way we will do anything. We have very few that can create their own shots but if they are sharing the ball we can be a pretty good team. Kyle is the key for this team but he needs help getting shots and when we run the offense like the other night it opens things up for everyone. Hope it continues and that they are buying in.
      WoodstockCat -
      super thread and a super moment. As someone posted on twitter while this was going on, nothing like doing a "Go Big Blue" in an opponent's gym.
      jazyd -
      Thanks Mick, I didn't get to see much of the game, power went out at deer camp and didn't come back on until hte last few min of the game.
      I was dreading going to Oxford next week for that game with Dallen but now I can't wait for it to get here. should be a great game and like Ala UK fans love going to see the Cats play the Miss schools in person.
      Jeeepcat -
      very cool video...
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rock Hard Ten View Post
      Just watched the video.....that is really special......after all of the disappointments thus far this year......the BBN and players come together and bond......a video for a special place in the archives.....
      To see all the UK players clapping and applauding the UK fans was inspiring. They had fun. I know my son and I did, too.
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jeeepcat View Post
      very cool video...
      Just a spur of the moment thing, and poorly done. But glad to have it now.
      Jeeepcat -
      WOW,
      Cal just commented about this on FB - I am going to post vid for him LOL
      ukpumacat -
      Awesome video, and great words Mick. I thought another revealing moment was when the crowd kept shouting "airball" at Harrow. I was unsure how he would handle that as he has not been known for his thick skin. But, it didn't seem to bother him at all. He finished strong.
      MickintheHam -
      Quote Originally Posted by ukpumacat View Post
      Awesome video, and great words Mick. I thought another revealing moment was when the crowd kept shouting "airball" at Harrow. I was unsure how he would handle that as he has not been known for his thick skin. But, it didn't seem to bother him at all. He finished strong.
      I was going to mention that, except that chant is so common for SEC schools. Every year our players have to contend with it and I'm sure as a redshirt last year Harrow knew the fans would be on somebody's case if they missed everything on a shot. But, you are correct. Ryan played through it completely. And, if it ever bothered him he didn't show it. He remained cool and confident. It had to have made an impression on the younger guys to see him persevere. He demonstrated to them what it takes to be a leader.

I always thought that sort of cheer underscores the lack of basketball knowledge in a fan base. Most fans who come up with those chants are there to entertain themselves. They have little to no appreciation for the game.
      MickintheHam -
      Quote Originally Posted by WoodstockCat View Post
      super thread and a super moment. As someone posted on twitter while this was going on, nothing like doing a "Go Big Blue" in an opponent's gym.
      It was pretty much "in your face" to the Aubie student section. The students were not a factor after that display.
      Bakert -
      That is great. I missed that watching the game - thanks for capturing it and making it available. Hope to see more of that tomorrow night.
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by Bakert View Post
      That is great. I missed that watching the game - thanks for capturing it and making it available. Hope to see more of that tomorrow night.
      For those that saw the game on TV....did they show this, or were they doing replays of the foul and referees at the monitor?

Sent using Forum Runner. All typos excused.
      KeithKSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
      I believe a lot of very successful teams have that seminal moment that signals that a team is bonding and coming together. When we look back on this season, there might be a ring around the Auburn game as the one where things began to gel.

From where I was seated behind the basket I could see the plays develop and watch the play along the baseline. Both of Jarods drives to the basket were a thing of beauty. Not only did his four mates part theOrange Sea, Jarod was quick to the basket and had a very determined and confident look on his face And for the first time Poy and Archie appeared confident with what they were doing. For the first time in a while, they seemed to react instinctively to what was happening.

But there was one moment in the game where I thought the players understood what Kentucky basketball is all about. It was a love shared between the players and UK fans as the referees were reviewing the hard foul committed by Chubb. There was a skirmish on the floor after the foul. After the players were untangled an emotional Go Big Blue cheer erupted, by far the loudest of the night. The players turned to the fans. Nerlens clapped to the cheer. Harrow and a couple of others got the fist pumps going. It was a true release of emotion on the part of the players. Each one exuded the confidence of the prize fight winner. The personality of this team is emerging. I can't wait to see what transpires at the Capstone on Tuesday. I believe we'll like what we see.

This game reminded me of the Vandy game in '03.
      KeithKSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
      For those that saw the game on TV....did they show this, or were they doing replays of the foul and referees at the monitor?

Sent using Forum Runner. All typos excused.
      I just went back and reviewed the DVR of the game. Most of the crowd noise you hear from the 3:55 on is from Auburn. At about the 1:58 mark of the telecast you can hear a "Go Big Blue" chant, then a "Let's Go Auburn" chant drowns it out. TV production can do a lot to dictate which mics pick up background.
      GhettoBird -
      Wait til these kids see us take over Nashville.
  • KSR Twitter Feed