Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• A seminal moment?

I believe a lot of very successful teams have that seminal moment that signals that a team is bonding and coming together. When we look back on this season, there might be a ring around the Auburn game as the one where things began to gel.

From where I was seated behind the basket I could see the plays develop and watch the play along the baseline. Both of Jarods drives to the basket were a thing of beauty. Not only did his four mates part theOrange Sea, Jarod was quick to the basket and had a very determined and confident look on his face And for the first time Poy and Archie appeared confident with what they were doing. For the first time in a while, they seemed to react instinctively to what was happening.

But there was one moment in the game where I thought the players understood what Kentucky basketball is all about. It was a love shared between the players and UK fans as the referees were reviewing the hard foul committed by Chubb. There was a skirmish on the floor after the foul. After the players were untangled an emotional Go Big Blue cheer erupted, by far the loudest of the night. The players turned to the fans. Nerlens clapped to the cheer. Harrow and a couple of others got the fist pumps going. It was a true release of emotion on the part of the players. Each one exuded the confidence of the prize fight winner. The personality of this team is emerging. I can't wait to see what transpires at the Capstone on Tuesday. I believe we'll like what we see.

Comments 69 Comments
      BigBlueBrock -
      This thread is like poetry. And I say that while only slightly (ok, more than slightly) inebriated. What a beautiful post.
      CitizenBBN -
      Mick I loved how the team responded to that foul. didn't do something stupid but didn't let the foul on a teammate go either.

Loved the smiles and chests bumps tonight. Sure looked like a team of guys really playing for each other tonight, as Cal likes to put it. I'm hoping that 2nd half was that 03 Vandy moment I've been wanting to see from this team. when that light just goes on for everyone. All the parts are there, it just needs to click and we're off to the races.
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
      After the players were untangled an emotional Go Big Blue cheer erupted, by far the loudest of the night. The players turned to the fans. Nerlens clapped to the cheer. Harrow and a couple of others got the fist pumps going. It was a true release of emotion on the part of the players.
      I hope I have a little recording of that. I did a couple of quick videos when the cheers got loud, but I was too busy high-fiving and chest bumping to know when I started it and when I stopped it. Played a little in the car on the camera on the way back and it was LOUD!

Sent using Forum Runner. All typos excused.
      Bakert -
      I thought another cool moment was in the first half when Harrow took a pass on a break, went down the left side,of the lane, got bumped pretty good as he shot but gathered himself and scored. Auburn called a timeout on the ensuing possession and as Ryan came to,the bench Cal came our,to meet him for the low five and seemed to say something about playing tough. It's those small moments of bonding between player and coach and between players that will ultimately define this season.
      Philly Cat -
      Great posts all around-- love the in-person reporting!
      MickintheHam -
      Quote Originally Posted by Bakert View Post
      I thought another cool moment was in the first half when Harrow took a pass on a break, went down the left side,of the lane, got bumped pretty good as he shot but gathered himself and scored. Auburn called a timeout on the ensuing possession and as Ryan came to,the bench Cal came our,to meet him for the low five and seemed to say something about playing tough. It's those small moments of bonding between player and coach and between players that will ultimately define this season.
      The exchanges between Harrow and Cal are becoming comedic.
      KMSBball -
      I actually saw Archie and Alex displaying some emotion after making plays last night. For the first time this season the team looked like a team. Not just a collection of players. Hopefully this will continue at Bama.
      Rock Hard Ten -
      Thx for sharing in the well-written OP, Mick......totally agree with your thoughts and others in this thread......can't wait for the next game
      badrose -
      Agree with the OP. A corner has been turned.
      bigsky -
      Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
      I believe a lot of very successful teams have that seminal moment that signals that a team is bonding and coming together. When we look back on this season, there might be a ring around the Auburn game as the one where things began to gel.

From where I was seated behind the basket I could see the plays develop and watch the play along the baseline. Both of Jarods drives to the basket were a thing of beauty. Not only did his four mates part theOrange Sea, Jarod was quick to the basket and had a very determined and confident look on his face And for the first time Poy and Archie appeared confident with what they were doing. For the first time in a while, they seemed to react instinctively to what was happening.

But there was one moment in the game where I thought the players understood what Kentucky basketball is all about. It was a love shared between the players and UK fans as the referees were reviewing the hard foul committed by Chubb. There was a skirmish on the floor after the foul. After the players were untangled an emotional Go Big Blue cheer erupted, by far the loudest of the night. The players turned to the fans. Nerlens clapped to the cheer. Harrow and a couple of others got the fist pumps going. It was a true release of emotion on the part of the players. Each one exuded the confidence of the prize fight winner. The personality of this team is emerging. I can't wait to see what transpires at the Capstone on Tuesday. I believe we'll like what we see.
      very cool. So you know Jeff and Ryan heard it on the TV and chanted right along with the crowd.
      Darrell KSR -
      Give me 15 minutes, and I'll share it with you like the UK players shared with those of us in Auburn Arena. I got chill bumps watching it.

I took ONE video the entire game. That was it.

Hang on with my slow internet connection--it is uploading. Will be posted tonight.
      CitizenBBN -
      to the KSR youtube channel?
      Darrell KSR -
      Yes. It is uploading now there.

Dumb-freaking-luck that's the one, and only one, video I did the entire game--the possible seminal moment in UK's 2012-13 season.

Just wait.
      CitizenBBN -
      That and Mitchell doing Hammertime. You're good.
      TonyRay -
      The team seemed to be coming together, they did enjoy the Go Big Blue cheer and they were ready to take up for each other. Great to be there and enjoy that win and hopefully the turning of the corner for them.
      MickintheHam -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
      Yes. It is uploading now there.

Dumb-freaking-luck that's the one, and only one, video I did the entire game--the possible seminal moment in UK's 2012-13 season.

Just wait.
      That's funny Darrell. 15 minutes is up!
      UKFlounder -
      So was I the first viewer? Anyway, that is pretty cool. Thanks for sharing
      Darrell KSR -
      It's uploaded, and Youtube is processing it now. Should be momentarily up there.

You'll have to tolerate a brief glimpse of my son. I was doing this for "us," and started when the cheers got so loud, I thought it would be cool to relive it, so I switched my camera to video, and panned him briefly while he was having the kind of fun that only a 12-year old can have. Immediately after that, I sorta panned down and noticed the UK players starting to clap, and caught them, too.

Don't knock me for the bad video, but your story deserved an accompaniment. Coming right up.
      CitizenBBN -
      another thinly veiled attempt to prove you have kids. you're not fooling anyone ya know.

Few things better than UK on a road game when only the UK fans are left in the building.
      UKFlounder -
      His having kids was his "semenal" moment.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
      another thinly veiled attempt to prove you have kids. you're not fooling anyone ya know.

Few things better than UK on a road game when only the UK fans are left in the building.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post