Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Border Bowl Leftovers

By: LONNY DEMAREE

As the National Guard Border Bowl expands it's search farther out in the state the game becomes more competitive for the Kentucky all-stars. Kentucky came from the behind in the latter stages of the game to pull the game out of the fire with 1:33 left on the clock. The selection committee plans to cast their net out even wider for talent for next years game.

Lafayette General's Trenard Chester hauled in the run/pass 90-yard touchdown pass that sealed the second Kentucky victory in six games. The only commitment for the Kentucky stars was Clay Counties Jacob Hyde 6-foot-2, 326-pounds. The post game cerimonies consisted what seemed like a table full of awards (plaques) for both teams. A likely promotion ploy for future participants. Hyde was the reciprent of the All-Bowl Team sponsored by Air Evacuation Lifeteam.

Hyde is a youngster that has espired to play college football all his life, he said. Hyde was last seen by your's truly in last summer's Friday Nights Blue Lights camp at the UK Nutter Fieldhouse. At that time he was carrying 340-pounds and has trimmed down to a better playing weight. Him being the first committ for 2013 and he was asked his feelings when Joker Phillips was fired. "It hurts to see him leave but maybe it's for the best," Hyde said. "It's a business and if you ain't cutting it something's got to give." The youngster said that Mark Stoops was coming to his house Sunday for an in home visit. "I was elated early on when he told me over the phone that he planned to honor my commitment." He said the only coach he has talked to one-on-one is Jimmy Brumbaugh his potential line coach. When asked what he felt his potential position was a UK he said, "I was recruited to play in the defensive line but I wouldn't be against playing in the ofensive line. I'm team player.

What was Hyde's reaction to win the all-star game against Tennesee? He said - "It was the greatest. It gives me a head start in beating the Tennessee Volunteers. I hate Tennessee so much I wouldn't sic my dog on them - it might get infected."
    Comments 5 Comments
      TRUCKERCATFAN -
      Quote Originally Posted by LonnyDemaree View Post
      What was Hyde's reaction to win the all-star game against Tennesee? He said - "It was the greatest. It gives me a head start in beating the Tennessee Volunteers. I hate Tennessee so much I wouldn't sic my dog on them - it might get infected."
      WOW! I like this guy already!
      dan_bgblue -
      Quote Originally Posted by TRUCKERCATFAN View Post
      WOW! I like this guy already!
      +2
      suncat05 -
      I really like this kid! Good attitude!
      LarryVaught1 -
      Hyde is all blue
      akaukswoosh -
      I hate Tennessee so much I wouldn't sic my dog on them - it might get infected

• KSR Twitter Feed