Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Mark Ennis on UK vs. UL game

Q&A with Mark Ennis: Manager of SBNation's Big East Coast Bias and co-host of The Two Man Game on ESPN 680 in Louisville.

1)Previously, Russ Smith and Peyton Siva both had some off games. Do you think they will be more than ready against UK?

I think they'll both be ready for the game. I think the Kentucky game last year really launched Russ Smith and his confidence for the rest of the season. My worry with Russ is him coming into the game overly aggressive and being careless or picking up cheap fouls. For Siva, I think he's been really steady all season and even if they don't get a lot of points out of him, his presence and defense should be enough as long as the other guys on the floor produce.

2)There is not one player on the current roster that has beaten Kentucky, what does that mean to Louisville and you if they defeat UK?

I think it would mean a lot for the upperclassmen that have not had any success against Kentucky since Calipari. As for what it would mean to me? It would be nice to get the Kentucky monkey off the back for a year and to get a season where Louisville gets a football and basketball win in the same season. I do think Louisville will win, but it will be a close game, something ike 70-64.

3) Siva vs. Harrow, who do you think will have a better game?

It's hard to say who will have a "better" game because each team needs something different from their point guard. I think Siva has shown, dating back to the opening game of the Big East Tournament last year, that he's settled into his role as the floor general and I suspect that even if he doesn't score a ton of points, he'll have a big overall game.

4) What are the keys to the UL vs. UK game? What are important aspects of the game that can make or break one of the teams?

I think three-point shooting and turnovers will be more important than just about anything else in this game. If Louisville shoots the ball even moderately well from three and can force turnovers like it has in almost every game this year, I think they'll win comfortably. If Kentucky gets Wiltjer and others going while Siva and Russ play out of control and turn the ball over themselves, then Louisville is going to lose the game.

5) Do you think coach Pitino will be able to have all of his players ready for the UK game? Why?

I think Louisville will be at full strength and we learned last night from CBS Sports that Gorgui Dieng will not only play for the first time in five weeks, but that he'll go ahead and start at center. It's been good for Louisville to experiment with different lineups in the wake of Gorgui's injury and it has helped in the development of Montrezl Harrell in particular. Now, Louisville should be able to use that front court depth to avoid foul trouble and keep fresh bodies on Cauley-Stein and Noel. Last year's regular season game was difficult for Louisville because Behanan got himself in foul trouble with the two quick fouls and a technical in the first half. If he plays more, Louisville should be ok.
    Comments 6 Comments
      Darrell KSR -
      Good interview with "the enemy," Erin. Enjoyed the read.

Sent using Forum Runner. All typos excused.
      cattails -
      I think he speaks the truth
      BarristerCat -
      Ennis is smarter than 95% of UofL's fanbase and all of the reporters that cover them. So, I appreciate Erin choosing him to bring the dark side's perspective.

Having said that, he has plenty of stretches where he is just another cheap shot loving Uvel fan. I know Ennis is generally well thought of in UK circles, but I don't share that line of thinking.
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by BarristerCat View Post
      Ennis is smarter than 95% of UofL's fanbase and all of the reporters that cover them. So, I appreciate Erin choosing him to bring the dark side's perspective.

Having said that, he has plenty of stretches where he is just another cheap shot loving Uvel fan. I know Ennis is generally well thought of in UK circles, but I don't share that line of thinking.
      Well said, in all respects.

millsforthree -
      Quote Originally Posted by BarristerCat View Post

Amen just another card douche with a Twitter account.
      Darrell KSR -
      He can be trollish. He is smart, and will concede a point, unlike other idiots, though (no names given).

• KSR Twitter Feed