Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Coach Stoops and UK football reaching out to fans!

Comments 17 Comments
      Catonahottinroof -
      Got mine today too
      Thedonnie123 -
      Me too. Did it go out to current and former season ticket holders?
      HCCATFAN -
      Me too!
      Darrell KSR -
      That's tremendous. Great idea. Makes me wish I was a season ticketholder. Hope it has the effect on others.
      KSRBEvans -
      It's always dangerous to place one's faith in one person, but if Coach Stoops can't make it work at UK, I have to wonder if any coach can. He's doing all the right things and setting the right tone.

2 months ago I was as down about the future of UK football as I've ever been, and now--wow. What a difference!
      Terminus -
      Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
      It's always dangerous to place one's faith in one person, but if Coach Stoops can't make it work at UK, I have to wonder if any coach can. He's doing all the right things and setting the right tone.

2 months ago I was as down about the future of UK football as I've ever been, and now--wow. What a difference!
      Definitely agree. He's hit the ground at a full sprint.
      BigBlueBrock -
      Man's got a good looking wife, er uh... family.
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueBrock View Post
      Man's god a good looking wife, er uh... family.
      He can recruit.

Sent using Forum Runner. All typos excused.
      Stoop Dogg -
      He's busting through the gate like the Cal of football... I hope he keeps it up! The way he's hit the ground running on the recruiting trail , as well as, the way he's reached out to all the fans of big blue nation... makes me think he's had a lesson in Calipari Marketing 101. He's been marketing himself and the university very impressively... to say the least.
      KMSBball -
      I got mine yesterday. Don't recall ever getting one from Joker.
      terryinbham -
      As cheesy as it sounds, it helped push my wife over the edge to renew our tickets. I let my season tickets lapse 3 years ago after having tickets for 19years. I know in advance that I'm not gonna make more than 3 games at best due to where I live and it had just gotten to be not worth it. I'd been talking to her about getting tickets again ever since Coach Stoops was hired but she wasn't too keen on it. I'm not sure why, but when she saw the card she said, Oh go ahead and get the tickets. Hope it has that impact on a LOT of folks.
      VirginiaCat -
      I got my card yesterday and I am just a former Season Ticket holder.. I am a lifetime alumni so maybe that is why!
      suncat05 -
      It would appear that Stoops & Co. are doing everything they can possibly do to bring the fans back into the fold, as it were.
      Once again, I am impressed with his efforts! Just hope this all translates into wins in the next several years. I'm still in the "wait-n-see" line, but optimistic at this point.
      ShoesSwayedBlue -
      Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueBrock View Post
      Man's god a good looking wife, er uh... family.
      You always want to outkick your coverage. I know I sure did.
      Jimcats -
      Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post

I've been convinced that it would take a coach of such repute that he could recruit top players based on his name alone, not UK's. But short of that type coach, Stoops is about the best we could hope for if we accept a coach with no HC experience, betting on the come as I've so often done. Now I'm just hoping that the admin doesn't start doing a soft shoe about facility upgrade promises, like "We'd do it but the state legislature won't help", etc.

Don't at all mean to compare to BCG, but we should recall that in his early days he was saying all the right things--like he had been well coached on what we wanted to hear.

I believe our talent, while not great, wasn't as bad as our coaching and injuries made it look this past season. With a bit of help from the incoming class, healed injuries and our new staff, we could go 6-6 or 7-5. I'd be glad to settle for that record for sure in a first season.
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by terryinbham View Post
      As cheesy as it sounds, it helped push my wife over the edge to renew our tickets. I let my season tickets lapse 3 years ago after having tickets for 19years. I know in advance that I'm not gonna make more than 3 games at best due to where I live and it had just gotten to be not worth it. I'd been talking to her about getting tickets again ever since Coach Stoops was hired but she wasn't too keen on it. I'm not sure why, but when she saw the card she said, Oh go ahead and get the tickets. Hope it has that impact on a LOT of folks.
      Attention to detail are the kind of things that make coaches like Nick Saban exceptional. To me, this is a step in the right direction, in addition to endearing UK fans (your wife included).
      CitizenBBN -
      Small thing but everyone I've talked to that got one really appreciated it. My mom's address is on the tickets so she got it and said she really didn't want to throw it away like all the other stuff you get. Made a nice impression.
  • KSR Twitter Feed