Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Archie and his bananas -- or lack of them

Even though he said it was an ankle injury, and not a leg cramp like he had the previous game, that forced him to briefly leave Friday’s win over Long Island-Brooklyn, freshman Archie Goodwin understood the text message he got from his stepfather after the game.

“I didn’t get cramps this game. I had twisted my ankle. That’s what that was. I am not worried about them (cramps). I just have to make sure I keep fluids in my body and eat a banana here and there,” said Goodwin. “He (Datron Humphrey) texted me right after the game. iPhone has like little pictures you can see and he sent me a whole lot of bananas.

“I don’t like them (bananas) that much. They are alright. I would rather eat something sweeter. I know I need to eat them, but sometimes I just don’t.

Goodwin’s parents didn’t get to make the drive from Arkansas to watch him play Friday, but they were watching on TV and saw him score 22 points, grab nine rebounds, give out nine assists, make two steals and block one shot in 36 minutes of play.

“I think with all the play time and practices, he appears to catch cramps more often,” Humphrey said after watching the game. “I constantly tell him to eat more bananas. If you don't mind, can you reinforce this message for me. Tell him dad said he needs to eat two bananas verbatim.”

Goodwin just laughed when he heard that message.

“Believe me, he’ll tell me that and more,” Goodwin said.

Still, Humphrey has been impressed by what Goodwin has done, especially after having to take over at point guard due to Ryan Harrow’s absence.

“I am extremely proud of how well he is adjusting to the media and both positive and negative feedback,” Humphrey said. “The kid's a winner.”
  • KSR Twitter Feed