Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Report card vs MO

By: RONALD "DOC" BALL

General Impressions Was a good game by several individual players but not a good game overall. Those who did not play well were not a detriment to the team. I will state the obvious, this team is defensively challenged. I will state the obvious, this team is an offensive juggernaut. However we had too many lulls, periods where we stagnated offensively.

Tre Mitchell A- I really liked what he did tonight. Came out with some fire. I see more and more PJ Washington in him as the year progresses. Another double double with 20 and 14, played the entire 40 minutes. I won't be critical of that here as this is the time we needed all those minutes, not vs Stonehill. Add three assists and 2 blocks, with 2 turnovers, plus the leadership and physical presence made him invaluable. And since he played all 40 minutes, you don't need a mathematician to know his +/- was 13, best for the team.

Justin Edwards C Had a good spurt but mostly uneventful overall. One plus was his hustle. You can miss shots, lose your man defensively but so long as you hustle and play hard, you have a place. His 4 points on 2-7 shooting is disappointing, as was the 2 rebounds. I expect some disagreement, saying its too high a grade but I do value not HURTING the team.

DJ Wagner B+ 16 points on 5-8 shooting, including 1-2 from long range. Clearly felt more comfortable. Foul trouble for others meant 30 minutes of playing time. The negative was 3 assists with 3 turnovers. Not what you want from your primary point.

Adou Thiero

Aaron Bradshaw C+ Grade is probably lower than most would give but when you are that tall, play 30 minutes, you need more than 6 rebounds. I'm am not discouraged by the 10 points on 5 made shots, but am by the 4 he missed. Too often he isn't in position to be the rim protector most want, as illustrated by his no blocked shots. I will give him bit of a pass as his game is progressing.

Antonio Reeves B Some good, like 14 points and 8 of 8 from the line. Some bad, like 3-9 shooting. Some ugly, like 0-5 from long range. His 6 rebounds matched Aaron's. 1 assist and 1 turnover. He and Tre played the best defense IMO, but the bar is low.

Robert Dillingham A- Lost some grade due to fouls. You don't help much from the bench. Game high 23 pts on 6-7 shooting, 3-3 long range and 8-10 from the line. Overall, one of if not his best game of the season...too bad he only played 19 minutes. Rob will win you some games and hurt you in some. We saw the two extremes this week.

Reed Sheppard B Quiet night but some spectacular passes. Always fun to see a player do that. 4 assists, no turnovers. Hit a trey and nothing else. Overall 1-3 shooting. But sometimes you help a team by not doing things when others are doing well. Classic case here.

Jordan Burks I/C Only got a few seconds of PT

Ugonna Onyenso C In 9 minutes, he grabbed 3 rebounds....and not much more.

Joey Hart

Coaching B Seems to be less overbearing so far. Needs to get the defense more active. Seems to be listening to his staff better as well. He just needs to be careful. Orlando looked ready to bite his head off there!

Officials B they were good enuf

Commentators D Good Lord. How many times did Dykes say "DOG"? 30? 40?

Other 14 assists and 13 turnovers is not good. Opponent shooting 55% and 48% in a half is not good. Our defense overall was not good. The lapses of no scoring was not good....however the final score was. I did not think this was a walkover game like many did. MO is a good team. It was good win.
  • KSR Twitter Feed