Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Kentucky - Louisville Computer Predictions

Not nearly the blowout many think.

KenPom: Kentucky 86 Louisville 73
    Bart Torvik: Kentucky 86 Louisville 74
    Massey: Kentucky 78 Louisville 70
    Comments 15 Comments
      catmanjack -
      Let’s see the impact of Wagner getting booed.
      I think he plays well
      StuBleedsBlue2 -
      Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
      I think he plays well
      It's going to be a majority blue in there. He doesn't seem to be the kind of young man that gets affected by boos. Seems more like the personality that boos feed him.

I'm in the boat that doesn't think the final score will be a blowout. UL has shown they have a pulse in games vs. IU and Texas. It would not surprise me to see them play their best game of the year. Our guys need to be ready. No letdown game.
      Darrell KSR -
      I wouldn't be surprised if the crowd is similar to what he saw this past weekend in Atlanta. UNC-CH had the crowd advantage, but maybe like 55-45. They got loud when UNC-CH made their runs. Did not seem to bother UK players. I mean, it wasn't like being at a road venue, but it was a pretty stout test.

UK by 9.
      blueboss -
      I’m always nervous…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Harlow -
      Easy 20 point victory
      DanISSELisdaman -
      I think this game will show us whether the team has learned anything from the loss to UNCW or not! If they go to Louisville with the mindset that they it's gonna be a cakewalk, it could be a close game.
      Darryl -
      One trend (the entire Cal era) is we have the worst “cigar groups” in the nation. They play like they have never seen a basketball.

Doubt they could beat a high school girls team and they think it is funny. Seemingly no pride whatsoever.
      dtalbersjr -
      UofL has enough talent, and size, to cause us problems. They get to the line a lot, and could cause us foul trouble. That’s the bad news.

The good news is that to do it they will have to play well in spite of their coach, who is as bad as we’ve ever seen. They aren’t awful because of their players, although they aren’t special. They’re awful because of their coach.

It will happen a couple of times a year even for the worst coached teams. We just need to hope it isn’t Thursday.
      JPScott -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
      One trend (the entire Cal era) is we have the worst “cigar groups” in the nation. They play like they have never seen a basketball.

Doubt they could beat a high school girls team and they think it is funny. Seemingly no pride whatsoever.
      I don’t think that’s a fair criticism, at least as far as thinking it’s funny etc. The only group where that was close to accurate was the Sam Malone-Brian Long experience. Malone just went wild when he got in the game and Long may have been the least talented basketball player to ever wear the UK jersey.

I don’t think some of today’s walk-ons are necessarily that much more talented but I also don’t think they treat it as a joke.

If anything Cal doesn’t let them do anything. When he does finally decide to put them in he waits too long to make the decision, then usually doesn’t even stop the clock to make sure they get in and when they finally see the floor instructs them to hold the ball. It’s completely pointless IMO and in some ways disrespectful and embarrasing for all concerned.
      Bakert -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post

I disagree.
      suncat05 -
      Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
      I think he plays well
      Wagner will likely torch the place if he gets roundly booed.
      blueboss -
      Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
      How soundly can 1000 people boo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Philly Cat -
      Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
      I hope Wagner gets roundly, squarely, elliptically, octagonally, and every-other-shape-ily booed. They will just awaken the beast.

I actually think we'll know what will happen in the first 10 minutes of the game. UL will try to punch UK in the mouth -- both literally and figuratively-- but if UK responds and keeps command of the game through that initial wave, I think they'll just extend the lead (because UL will know that they have no chance). Can't ever give a bad team any hope, and Cal needs to get these guys primed to dominate from the jump.
      LakeCat -
      This needs to be over before halftime. Give them zero hope.
      Harlow -
      I don’t see UL keeping up with us
  • KSR Twitter Feed