Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Kentucky Near Record Setting Performances

By: LONNY DEMAREE

Lafayette came out in a two/three match-up zone but UK quickly shot them out of the zone. Kyle Wiltjer stroked three three's in a row and Julius Mays knowed one down and so much for the zone.

Kyle Wiltjer shot 7 for 11 for the game, which ties a record for three by a player in Rupp Arena.
    His shooting triggered a 39 to 2 run in the second half which was only two-points short of the 41-2 that goes all the way back to 1997.

Coach Calipari strongly pointed out the need for Kyle to get himself open qnd credited Julius May for getting him the ball when he was open. Mays was recruited as a combo-guard and but in the absense of a true point guard tonight, Mays posted ten assist's. This was a strong contributing factor in the fact the Wildcats were able to shoot 64.5% for the game for the field.

Other than the assist total that Julius registered, the hustle that Nerlens Noel showed was truly a joy to watch. This youngster was literally all over the floor scraping for loose balls. We are trying to recall the last time UK had a big man that was constantly on the floor hustling for 50/50 balls.

"The thing I'm telling our guys, the energy that Nelens plays with," Cal said, "think if could get all my guy playing with the energy Nerlens plays with. I can't get Alex (Poythress) to buy into that. He (Noel) was coming into every huddle and I telling the team give him a hand. He was diving on the floor for lose ball, playing with energy and I told them will you please do that. We had Alex, Archie (Goodwin), and Kyle combine for one rebound at the halftime. What are you doing? Do you think you are just the offensive machine and everybody else should dive on the floor and reboud and not you? It becomes embarassing when is diving and the rest of you are jogging." Cal said he told Poythress that if he played like Noel he would be ridiculous.

"But let me say this, we are getting better."
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post