Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Kentucky v. New Mexico State Game Thread

Go Cats!
    Comments 14 Comments
      UKFlounder -
      Per Dylan Ballard: The Cats won the second half 49-17

Box score (no minutes played yet listed as I post this)

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...meId/401588940
      bigsky -
      Edwards needs to work on learning the game and just playing a team role. Adjust adjust adjust! Forget about the big stage and think small.
      kingcat -
      I think teams are going to keep Edwards a priority because of his rep. Letting the game come to him more rather than trying to force things would help.

Then again, perhaps Cal believes he can excel once he gets adjusted to the speed and defensive talent in the college game.

He isn’t playing bad honestly, and his perimeter shot appears to be money.
      Darrell KSR -
      Miscellaneous comments from Twitter:

John Huang
      @KYHuangs
      Reed Sheppard brings so much energy to the Rupp Arena crowd that all his three-point baskets should count for 4.

Vaughts' Views
      @vaughtsviews
      Got to think about what might be coming when you see Ivisic, Bradshaw and Onyenso sitting on the bench together ... and all seem very engaged in the game, another good sign

Vaughts' Views
      @vaughtsviews
      Wagner even when he looks out of control keeps his poise and makes plays. Is even better point guard than I anticipated and love way he pushes tempo

Coach Hanson
      @Reghanson
      Love the early passsing. The pass is more dangerous than the dribble. When i coached with Tubby our defensive system was design to pressure the ball so hard that the defender what just put his head down and start dribbling. This is how we kept teams from running their offense

Brian Evans
      @KSRBEvans
      UK scored 1.23 points/possession tonight, NMSU 0.66.

Brian Evans
      @KSRBEvans
      UK turned it over on 9% of its possessions tonight, NMSU 26%.

Brian Evans
      @KSRBEvans
      19% of NMSU's possessions ended in a UK steal.

Brian Evans
      @KSRBEvans
      Adou Thiero rebounded 5 of NMSU's 21 misses in 16 1st half minutes (29.8% Defensive Rebound Rate).

Sean Vinsel
      @HoopsInsight
      UK: 29 threes, 25 at the rim, only 11 midrange. I don’t care what your roster looks like, that’s the right idea on offense.

Jeff Drummond
      @JDrumUK
      Kentucky HC John Calipari on strength of "random basketball" ... when you have 5 guys who can all dribble, pass, and shoot, you can play random. They played random the whole second half. Didn't run many plays. Spaced the court, played off each other.

Ben Roberts
      @BenRobertsHL
      Adou Thiero did not play the final 12:35 tonight. John Calipari said he had a "headache" and would be day to day.
      blueboss -
      Just finished watching recording… that was all kinds of fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      bigsky -
      Had a couple of beers with my former cancer Doc. He has changed after burning out, big fun. The reason I’m over sharing is I am just now watching the game, so I am going to thread now. Really crappy call on Dillingham it was a NMSU moving pick…like that
      bigsky -
      Going to like a Dillingham Wagner Shepherd lineup
      bigsky -
      Sheppard, it’s “shep”, pard.
      bigsky -
      Incredible hustle by Wagner, already a 2023-4 favorite.

Edwards and Theiro make for sludgy offense. The are not quick
      bigsky -
      Cal causes a turnover by directing traffic.
      Terminus -
      Haven’t had a chance to watch yet but sounds like a solid first game. Love seeing this nugget Darrell posted.

Sean Vinsel
      @HoopsInsight
      UK: 29 threes, 25 at the rim, only 11 midrange. I don’t care what your roster looks like, that’s the right idea on offense.
      ukpumacat -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
      Might be there, I dunno. I'm getting ready to head to Walmart and I'll take a look and see if it's at my Walmart here (wife is arriving at an airport at 11 PM tonight so trying to restock a few little things before she gets back home).

It's really good. The only thing sorta weird about it is that you refrigerate it after you open it, so the "PB" is cold. Doesn't bother me at all. Oh, and it may tend to separate a little bit, sort of like those natural peanut butters where the oil appears in you just need to give it a quick stir. I find it slightly easier to spread than peanut butter, but similar consistency and taste.
      This is why Instacart has become one of my favorite apps.
      I’ve never ordered groceries off of it (maybe once during Covid). But I use it weekly to check what stores has what I’m looking for. It’s sneaky good tip.
      Padukacat -
      Jeff Drummond
      @JDrumUK
      Kentucky HC John Calipari on strength of "random basketball" ... when you have 5 guys who can all dribble, pass, and shoot, you can play random. They played random the whole second half. Didn't run many plays. Spaced the court, played off each other.

If i were Cal i wouldnt make this a point of emphasis. Its kind of doubling down on him rolling the ball out there and not running an offense, which it is, because he has the players. Not to be negative when we have a great season ahead, but Cal letting his guys do their thing in the final four against a team who has dissected our habits and follows a gameplan to a T to beat us, just gives me nightmares.
      KSRBEvans -
      Barttorvik's box score had 55 of UK's 65 FGAs (85%) as at the rim or 3s.

https://barttorvik.com/box.php?muid=...11-7&year=2023

Good progress over last year (70%, 54% and 73% in UK's post-season games).
  • KSR Twitter Feed