Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• The remaining 5 games -- per Sagarin

I don't necessarily believe Sagarin is good, bad, or whatever; just thought it would start some discussion. Using the Predictor and the home advantage defined by Sagarin. Credit (or blame) to ChatGPT if they fouled up the calculations.

Tennessee at Kentucky:
    Margin of Victory = (73.07 + 2.43) - 86.80
    Margin of Victory = 75.50 - 86.80
    Margin of Victory ≈ -11.30

Predicted Outcome: Tennessee wins by approximately 11.30 points.

Kentucky at Mississippi State:
    Margin of Victory = 73.07 - (72.00 + 2.43)
    Margin of Victory = 73.07 - 74.43
    Margin of Victory ≈ -1.36

Predicted Outcome: Mississippi State wins by approximately 1.36 points.

Alabama at Kentucky:
    Margin of Victory = (73.07 + 2.43) - 90.88
    Margin of Victory = 75.50 - 90.88
    Margin of Victory ≈ -15.38

Predicted Outcome: Alabama wins by approximately 15.38 points.

Kentucky at South Carolina:
    Margin of Victory = 73.07 - (76.13 + 2.43)
    Margin of Victory = 73.07 - 78.56
    Margin of Victory ≈ -5.49

Predicted Outcome: South Carolina wins by approximately 5.49 points.

Kentucky at Louisville:
    Margin of Victory = 73.07 - (77.33 + 2.43)
    Margin of Victory = 73.07 - 79.76
    Margin of Victory ≈ -6.69

Predicted Outcome: Louisville wins by approximately 6.69 points.
    Comments 10 Comments
      Terry Blue -
      Would anyone like to put a % on the likelihood of Stoops getting fired after the season. I'll start: 0%, ha ha
      HerbTarlek -
      Quote Originally Posted by Terry Blue View Post
      Would anyone like to put a % on the likelihood of Stoops getting fired after the season. I'll start: 0%, ha ha
      You're the only one who has mentioned firing Stoops. No one thinks he'll be fired. Everyone has simply bemoaned the fact that it doesn't seem that UK will ever win the SEC East, play for an SEC Championship, or play in a New Year's Six bowl with Stoops as our 9 million dollar coach. Keep in mind, Missouri has been in the SEC 10 years and in that time has won the East twice and competed in two SEC championship games.
      catmanjack -
      Exactly no one mentioned him getting fire.
      But UK is not a very well coached team for what they are paying.
      Terry Blue -
      Then a lot have wasted their time calling him out, as reality is he's gonna be our coach
      HerbTarlek -
      Then a lot have wasted their time calling him out, as reality is he's gonna be our coach
      That’s wholly due to our aloof, unimaginative athletic director.
      catmanjack -
      It’s ashamed some become so blinded and believe UK can do no better.
      uklandrn -
      I sort of thought the point of message boards was to voice praises and or frustrations about your team. Some how I guess I was wrong.
      Do I think Stoops will be fired ? no I do not. Do I think he should be fired ? - not necessarily. Do I think he has maximized his coaching ability and that Kentucky with him as head coach will never do better than a 9 win regular season? Yes I do.
      My wish for UK is for us to be in the conversation for a SEC Championship. I understand that is a huge want but I believe if a program like Missouri can do this we should be able to as well. Instead we load up on cup cakes to begin the season then praise our coach when we barely break even (if that) in SEC play and become bowl eligible.
      I’m done with being content to be bowl eligible and this team will be lucky if they can pull it off this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      HerbTarlek -
      Earth to Terry. . . Sometimes I swear you do this on purpose. Again, it’s the reality that we all fully grasp that Stoops will be our coach for the foreseeable future that has us in this hazy state of malaise and it is the inevitability of stoops and his consistently underwhelming results that have us in this state of mild disaffection. We have seen the future and it’s really uninteresting. But you’re right, it seems that what we have is all we will ever have and no matter what we do, the fates have determined that it is all we will ever have. We deserve no better but to touch the hem of the garment of greatness. And that realization is disappointing.

All I want is a team good enough to at least put a scare in Alabama or Georgia every once in a while. Against either of those two teams, I don’t recall a game that wasn’t over and non competitive for all intents and purposes by the first 10 minutes. I don’t necessarily care if we win, I just want to see a competitive game with either. That would be legitimate progress. Not hope until kickoff and 17-0 UGA after 1 period, with UK having -16 total yards and 2 turnovers. (fictional line made up to make a point, but it doesn’t seem far fetched)
      Terry Blue -
      Last year Nat Champs Ga beat us 16 to 6
      catmanjack -
      Why do you live in the past? Do you remember 51-13 or how about 38-21 at home oh and Stoops was 7-1 the last 8 against Missouri right.
  • KSR Twitter Feed