Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• The Summer Enrolles Putting higher Premium on Film Study

By: LONNY DEMAREE

The summer reporting transfers such Jantzen Dunn, JQ Hardaway are exposed to intense film study. We don't know what there experience was at their previous stops, but at The University of Kentucky they are exposed to another level of study because of the many differfent look Liam Coen's offense presents. The defensive players that were her in the spring are getting a different level of film study. "They can't just watch film, you have to study it." Sophmore safety Jordan Lovett said.

All the packages Lian Coen's offense throws at them, the defense has a strong challende every practice session. Hardaway said you've got to take notes and concentrate on how to study film. Quarterback Devin Leary is so precise on his passing, it's tough. Also it makes no difference of what package Coen throws them, whether it's 11 pesonnel, 12 personnel, of thirteen personnel, it's quick regcognition because everybodies in play.

"I feel it's a real good competition with the d-backs and a good relationship," Hardaway said. "On the weekends we all go out together and eat together. It's all about chemistry. Ty Bryant helps me too. He has a super mind set, He's smart and he is a driven player. The sky's the limit for him, for sure."

Hardaway said he feels like the defense gives the offense a tough time in moments, too.

Andrew Phillips appears to have one cornerback position locked. He talked how hard it is defending the offense. "The safety's allway have my back which allows me to play fast," Phillips said, Jordan Lovett, Jalen Geiger, and Zion Childress are all good players. He asked about freshman Ty Bryant?

Phillips said that each week the receivers get so much better. He said Anthony Brown has gotten so much better. "You have to watch him or he will sneak by you and he is so twitchy. "He's made strides in every way, at the film room ahead of me, and asking questions, and when he takes it to the the field, he a student of the game. I'm proud to see that."

How much more stress does it put on the secondary with as many running backs that are often out in pass routes? Phillips said - "Man, it's hard. You've got guys like Demie (Demie Sumo-Karngbay). He's not even a running back. That kid can runs some routes, then you have for Ray (Davis) and JuTahn (McClain), and it makes film study extra important. You have got to have a gold fish memory - in and out in the secondary.

"Devin (Leary) brings an whole other aspect to the game in a good way," Phillips said. "He's going to disect you in every single way, up top and all the other ways." Phillips described his passes pointing to his hips. He's said he's going to put it where you can't reach it. If you are defending one hip, he going to put it on the other hip. So, study your film of yourself and how to can get better.
  • KSR Twitter Feed