Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• How Does UK Look 65 Days Out from Kickoff?

By: LONNY DEMAREE

A lot was learned and put on film from spring practice. This gives the coaching staff a good starting point for 21 days of fall practice. “Can’t wait to coach against Alabama,” how he responded to a question at the Quarterback Club luncheon on the 2024 season. “I have a lot of respect for what coach Saban has done and playing against them is what it’s all about.”

Breakouts: “Koby Keenum is a football junkie. He loves to play the game. We are looking for high football IQ guys on the offensive line. They make all the plays and when those guys come to the sidelines and for them to tell me what they see, what works and what is not working.” And I would be surprised if we are not better up front.

• “Look at a guy like Izayah Cummins a guy from Louisville. He got only 10 snaps all last year. He’s another High IQ guy and I’m excited about what he can do for us this year and. He does everything right, a good kid, and I love the guy.” That tight end room is tight with some key personnel that can make plays. A key returnee is veteran Brenden Bates who needs a healthy year.

• We are looking for 8-offensive linemen we can rotate in the Offensive line.

• Another precinct heard from is wideout Ardell Banks 6-4 190 from Massillon, Ohio. Coen said they are going to turn him a loose to see if he can help them.

• “We brought in a running back Demi Sumo-Karngbayne from North Carolina State,” and we expect to get some snaps from him."

• Some of the more encouraging news is how Devin Leary showed up in his working out at the long-running Manning Camp in Thibodaux, Louisiana. He reportedly was at the top of the list at the camp over some high quality quarterbacks. He did everything right in making all the right throws and decision making. Health is not an issue. If the offensive line can keep him upright, expect some big things given his available weapons.

• In an interview session with Liam Coen, I addressed the previously one missing piece in the 2023 recruiting class until the last signing day. That person was Jamarion Wilcox a running back from Douglasville, Georgia 29.9 miles from Athens Georgia.

• “Wilcox is like all freshmen. We are in the process of teaching him how to be a student athlete – how to get to class on time – meetings on time. They are running around like a chicken with its head cut off. He is a good kid and can run. We haven’t had a kid like him similar to Boom Williams, I’m told. You can give him the ball expecting him the ball to get you 4 yards and he goes sixty. We’ve had the big bruising running back and don’t get me wrong, they are valuable but not like him. We will turn him a loose in the fall and see what he can do!
  • KSR Twitter Feed