Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Kentucky v Florida, Game 2 - Friday

No, the game hasn't started yet. Just thought I would get an early jump on it.

Interesting matchup today with Florida right-handed pitcher Brandon Sproat (7-2, 4.44 ERA) facing Kentucky senior right-handed pitcher Zack Lee (4-2, 3.42 ERA). Sproat is a workhorse, and has started 13 games, with two complete games. He has six consecutive SEC weekend starts where he has thrown more than 5 innings, and only once allowed more than a hit per inning in that stretch. He leads their team with 73 innings pitched, allowing only 49 hits, walking 33 and striking out 93. He will be a very, very tough competitor. Opponents are batting .190 against him this season.

Last weekend he went 6 innings against Vanderbilt, scattering 5 hits and throwing a shutout. The weekend before, though, he had his worst outing, throwing 5.1 innings against Texas A&M, allowing 7 hits, 5 runs (4 earned). Hopefully we can get that type of performance from him.

Zack Lee also leads Kentucky in innings pitched with 55.1. He has started 12 games out of his 13 appearances. He has generally been pretty good at eating innings, but Sunday's start saw him pitch only 2 innings. The weekend before Zack Lee was named the Collegiate Baseball National Player of the Week, throwing a season-high 6.2 innings, scattering 7 hits, striking out 12, walking 0, and allowing 2 earned runs against top 5 South Carolina. The prior week he went 5.0 innings, allowing only 4 hits and 1 earned run against Vanderbilt. We need those kinds of performances from him tonight. Before the South Carolina performance, he had struggled somewhat with his control, and into starts had issued 5 walks each.

I hope to be there for first pitch tonight but unfortunately, my streak of undefeated games has been broken with last night's loss so there's no jinx if anybody else (Dan? Blueboss? BigBluePappy? Kingcat? Etc.?) wants to chime in or carry the ball tonight.

(Heads up for Saturday's Game 3 -- don't know who Kentucky's pitcher will be yet, but Florida will have their outstanding two-way player, Jac Caglianone, pitching. Caglianone has started 13 games, throwing 54.1 innings, allowing only 34 hits, but walking 41. Hopefully we can keep a keen eye for free passes against him. Opponents are batting a miniscule .174 against him, so he's tough to hit. He's a great offensive player, too, batting .351 with 27 home runs and 74 RBIs. Not sure where he's better.)
    Comments 1 Comment
      blueboss -
      I’m a bit scatter brained at present and had forgotten all about the bat cats until I received a much needed reminder of not only Wildcat baseball, but that those that make up this community are special, and do make a difference.

Go Cats!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • KSR Twitter Feed