Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Kentucky Baseball, Week of April 17-23

Well, after a 1-2 week in which Kentucky had a chance to win the series on the road against #1 LSU, Kentucky remained atop the all-important baseball RPI.

This is the fourth consecutive week we begin as the #1 RPI team in the country. We have 16 Quadrant 1 wins, and are 20-6 in combined Quadrant 1 and 2 action this season.

Vanderbilt is 2nd highest with 14 Q1 wins. Very few have double digit number of those wins, mostly top SEC schools (Vandy, 14; South Carolina, 13; Wake Forest, 13; Arkansas, 11; LSU, 10; Florida, 10).

Kentucky's record stands at 28-7 (SEC 10-5). This week begins a 5-game homestand in which we host RPI # 43 Xavier Tuesday, then RPI # 45 Texas A&M this weekend in a 3-game SEC series, followed by national Poll ranked top 10 Louisville on Tuesday April 25.

I'd like to see UK win 4 of those 5 games. I'd love to see them win all 5.

After the 3-game homestand against Texas A&M this weekend, we will have 12 SEC contests remaining, and it will be where the rubber meets the road.

All 4 opponents in those 12 games are ranked. We will travel to # 4 Vanderbilt and # 20 Tennessee, and we will host # 6 South Carolina and # 3 Florida.

Give me 6-6 in those games, and I call it good, how about you? Of course, I'll be rooting like heck for 12-0.

I kinda feel like the next two weeks will determine if we are a national seed or not. We're hanging around that 10-13 range in general, and need to get into the top 8. I feel like if we win both series the next 2 weeks, we'll start to get that kind of attention. While I like staying under the radar, I really would enjoy seeing Kentucky host a regional, and if we were fortunate enough to win our regional, to host a Super Regional to go to the College World Series.

So excited with the baseball team this year. Will apparently always have some quibbles here or there, but I love to have them when we field such a good team.
  • KSR Twitter Feed