Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Liam Coen Speaks of Perception not Being Reality

By: LONNY DEMAREE

Coen said when he walked off the field was not what he and perhaps the fans had seen. He said that when he watched the film then and again Monday, he saw something different.

“When the average fan that was present, their perception might have been the offensive play was bad,” Coen explained. “There were some missed RPO’s by the quarterbacks, and sometimes an 8 or 9 people doing the right thing and three not. You go bang-bang-bang for four plays. Then it was two steps backward or one step backward. Too many times when all 11 are not on the same page.” As has been the by-word throughout for the entire team – CONSISTENCY. There just wasn’t a lot of offensive issues. We didn’t get dominated like one would perceive with the naked eye

As has been throughout the entire spring practice, the call for consistency.

Coen was asked what is the position he has been the most pleased with? He pondered a second or two and said Jager Burton. He very athletic and has to make all the calls – center, quarterback calls, snap timing, his blocking “and he has grown in leaps and bounds. Burton has the quickness to block what’s 18-inches in front of him, he can get out into second level blocking, he can pull set the edge on wide-zone-runs, and drop back in pass-pro.

Coen said they need to stack (good) days together the last few practices.

Coen said he was pleased with the backup quarterback play. It’s just Kaiya Sheron demeanor, not his talent. They are trying to get him to speak up more with confidence. Teammates have to know he can lead them.

“I thought Destin (Wade) was good going down the stretch when he led the team to the only touchdown and finished the scrimmage. He as well, express the value of having a full game at the helm. “The bowl game was fun.” Wade said. I felt confident? Having the film from that game going against an elite secondary, “I can work on footwork and other things I need to get better at. Saturday, it was like playing football and having fun.”
    [/SIZE][/B]
  • KSR Twitter Feed