Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• The FL AM report card

General Impressions I know many won't be happy with only a 20 pt win vs The Rattlers but not me. I'd rather see CJ get back on track, rather see some minutes for Onyenso, rather see Wallace run the team some, rather see Lance get some well deserved time, etc..... Nope, I'm fine with margin of victory because there is more to it than the score long term. Granted, they don't need to be mutually exclusive. I also noted an increase in the energy level on both ends, mostly due to the bench being active, assuming it was to get some playing time in the future. It's called incentive.

Jacob Toppin C In 19 minutes Jacob managed 4 points and 5 rebounds. His pts came on 1 of 2 shooting from the field and 2 of 3 from the line. Would like to see more aggression, ie more shots, but not disappointed in that he took a back seat to Livingston who played well.

Cason Wallace A Missed the double double by an assist. He led the team with 27 pts, shot attempts (15), made shots (10), steals (4), assists (9) minutes played (31:26) and tied for turnovers (2). He also made his treys by hitting 5 of 6. Unfortunately his FT shooting was still less than desired at 2-5. Need a PG who can hit those. Overall though it was an outstanding game. Well played, better movement.

Oscar Tshiebwe B Only 8 rebounds....what's wrong with Oscar??? Was some improvement at kicking the ball out but still an issue. His 4-6 shooting and 6-6 from the line garnered him 14 points in 27 minutes. Had an assist to go with a turnover.

Sahvir Wheeler B- 20 minutes is what I like to see out of Wheeler, as opposed to 25-30. 5 assists to one turnover is excellent. Still would like to see him push the pace as he and UK play better in the up tempo. Not a stellar shooting night but only took 6, hitting 2, with one being a trey. Didn't attempt any FT's.

Antonio Reeves C+ Had 10 pts on 4-11 shooting, hitting 2 of 7 treys. Need to get those percentages up. In his 25 minutes he managed an assist. I liked the amount of time on the floor for him.

Chris Livingston B 15 minutes, hit 3-4 shots including his one trey, to tally 8 points. Only had 2 rebounds though. Need more of that. No assists or turnovers in his line. Would like to have seen a bit more court time though. I felt his play was good enough.

CJ Fredrick A- His role is hitting the open jumper, which he did. Hit 4 of 6 treys for 12 points, and missed his only 2 pointer. The two assists were bonus. Did earn 25 minutes of PT and felt his effort on defense was great.

Lance Ware B+ Played 19:35, went 1 of 4 from the field, 2-3 from the line for 4 points plus added 5 rebounds and a block. His toughness is underrated. I know many have been critical of Lance but not me. He has a roll, he knows his role and he fills that role.

Adou Thiero C Got some minutes which was great, a reward for hard work. Had a rebound and a steal but missed his only shot.

Ugonna Onyenso B+ Thought he did very well tonight. Still a ways to go but is getting there. 5 rebounds and 4 points in 9 minutes is great. Did have 2 turnovers but I like what he did.

Daimion Collins C+ His 5 1/2 minutes were not productive as he only had a rebound and 2 TO but he did play better once he got comfortable..which took about 4 1/2 minutes.

Coaching B If yelling = coaching, it would be an A. However credit for trying some things different. Definitely more movement on both ends, and good player rotation. Again, I've no issue with the final score because I believe this is a game he tried some things and hopefully learned some things about his team.

Officials C Uneventful game

Commentators B I believe they read this board because pretty much their entire analysis has been posted here.

Other Shockingly UK out shot FLAM from both the field and the 3 pt line. UK shot a 52.5 from the field and 56.5 from long range. That is smoking. Unfortunately the Rattlers shot 52 and 56.3 (so it was pretty much a wash on shooting percentages). Defense wise, that not respectable. We won nearly every stat. We out rebounded them 33-17, won the turnover battle 8-11, steal 7-1 and assist 19-12. They shot better from the line by a 87.5 to 68.4. For me the one big negative is the FT shooting, and some suspect defense.
  • KSR Twitter Feed