Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Big weekend in Kentucky Athletics

By: Darrell Cartwright

To kick things off (literally), Kentucky hosts the #1 Georgia Bulldogs on CBS national television at 3:30 PM ET. While almost nobody gives Kentucky a chance, a blowout could set Kentucky football back even further, while a competitive contest could be viewed as somewhat of a recovery. And no, I hate moral victories just like the rest of us.

Kentucky Volleyball has not sported the best record this year, losing a number of out of conference contests, but finds itself tied for first place in the SEC with Florida. The Cats find themselves in Gainesville today and tomorrow, needing at least a split to maintain a hold on the top spot and continue their string of SEC Championships, which currently stands at five in a row.

The #1 ranked an undefeated Kentucky (14-0-5) Men's Soccer team hosts a second round NCAA tournament contest Sunday, where they will face South Florida, a 4-2 winner over Hofstra in the first round. By virtue of their top 16 seed, Kentucky received a buy in the first round. Kickoff is at 6:00 PM ET. The contest will be provided live on ESPN+.

On the same day, #4 Kentucky men's basketball will face #2 Gonzaga and Spokane arena in Spokane, Washington.. Like Kentucky, the Gonzaga Bulldogs fell this week; however, they defeated the Michigan State team by 1 point that defeated Kentucky in double overtime earlier in the week. Tipoff for the contest is at 7:30 PM ET on ESPN. Both teams are aching for a win over a highly ranked team, and needing to avoid that second loss so early in the season.

Those are the highlighted contests for the weekend, although Kentucky swimming and diving is in Columbus, Ohio for the Ohio State Invitational today, and the highly regarded Kentucky Rifle squad is in Oxford to face Ole Miss today and in Memphis tomorrow to face the University of Memphis.
    Comments 9 Comments
      Catfan73 -
      We knocked one #1 team today. Rifle won at Ole Miss.
      CitizenBBN -
      Well Volleyball lost 3-0 but scores were relatively close. Split tomorrow or Florida wins outright.

In fairness to football 16-6 against #1 at least is respectable, though watching the game it's the same frustrating problems that have been there all year. Defense kept us from looking awful.

I do sleep better knowing Kentuckians still shoot straight. Seems right we should have the best rifle team in the nation.
      Darrell KSR -
      Volleyball was very disappointing. I don't think they were that close at all.

UK hit .135 for the day, and Florida was .310. Amazing we were even in the games at all. But we lost every game by 4 points or more (7 points in the first set). I think we were embarrassed.

I'm hoping tomorrow we'll show some gumption and find a way to win. Huge, huge game. Win, and all is right. Lose, and SEC championship is gone.
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
      We knocked one #1 team today. Rifle won at Ole Miss.
      I love Kentucky doing well in Rifle. It just seems right for us to be the best in that sport. But it's awfully darn hard for me to follow.
      Darrell KSR -
      Good pregame story on Kentucky soccer.

https://kykernel.com/89683/sports/no...south-florida/

Remember, we're playing tomorrow without our leading scorer.
      CitizenBBN -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
      Volleyball was very disappointing. I don't think they were that close at all.

UK hit .135 for the day, and Florida was .310. Amazing we were even in the games at all. But we lost every game by 4 points or more (7 points in the first set). I think we were embarrassed.

I'm hoping tomorrow we'll show some gumption and find a way to win. Huge, huge game. Win, and all is right. Lose, and SEC championship is gone.
      I didn't see it so I certainly defer to that view. I just looked at the box.

This team has just never really clicked. They have their work cut out for them to get this program back up to standing eye to eye with the best teams.
      CitizenBBN -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
      I love Kentucky doing well in Rifle. It just seems right for us to be the best in that sport. But it's awfully darn hard for me to follow.
      It's about as much of a spectator sport as debate.
      suncat05 -
      Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
      Well Volleyball lost 3-0 but scores were relatively close. Split tomorrow or Florida wins outright.

In fairness to football 16-6 against #1 at least is respectable, though watching the game it's the same frustrating problems that have been there all year. Defense kept us from looking awful.

I do sleep better knowing Kentuckians still shoot straight. Seems right we should have the best rifle team in the nation.
      Daniel Boone and 'ol Ticklicker would be proud!
      Darrell KSR -
      Kentucky's .135 hitting percentage was the worst SEC hitting percentage by Kentucky in any match since 2016.

They also had 8 service errors, 4 in the first Set, where they also hit just .111. In fairness, if your serves aren't effective and your hitting is abysmal, you damm well sure better get your serves in.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post