Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Wiltjer begins season at 67% from 3-point range

Sometimes a shooter is so good they don't even have to see the shot to know it's in

In a game Kentucky needed every one of them (4-6), Kyle Wiltjer was money in the bank from 3-point range. Despite being omitted from Jeff Goodman's preseason "top 50 shooters" list, Wiltjer showed again why most experts believe he is one of the best shooters in college basketball.

Wiltjer hit 43.2% of his 3-point attempts last season, launching 81 bombs and connecting on 35 of them in the season. During postseason play, the McDonald's All-American came off the bench cold, never playing double digits in a single game in the NCAA tournament, yet connecting on his only 3-point attempt in four consecutive NCAA tournament games, including the national semi-final victory over Louisville. Wiltjer shot a blazing 57% from 3-point range in the NCAA tournament, and and even 50% in the SEC tournament before that.

Picking up where he left off, the 6'10 forward led Kentucky in scoring in the 72-69 victory over Maryland with 19 points in 24 minutes of action, including 4-6 from the arc. There are 50 better shooters than Kyle Wiltjer in college basketball?

There's a line from the show, "Mythbusters," that seems to apply here. "I reject your reality, and substitute my own."
    Comments 6 Comments
      cattails -
      Needs to do better.
      Darryl -
      Darrell, at the Friday shoot around before the Baylor Elite 8 game, Kyle hit 81 of 85 3 pointers in that 5 minute drill Cal makes them do. Jim Nance
      said it was " a shooting exhibition the likes of which I have never seen".

I have seen more basketball played than Goodman could hope for; Wiltjer is one of the best shooting big men I have ever seen. Louie Dampier is the
      best shooter I have ever seen. Rick Mount 2nd and Wiltjer is in a group right there behind them.

Darryl
      cattails -
      One NBA scout has said he watch a UK practice and walked talking about how good Wiltjer could shoot it.
      Darrell KSR -
      I don't have to say this, I am sure, but I obviously trust your opinion more than Gossip Goodman's, Darryl.
      CitizenBBN -
      Yeah, Hedda Harper left him off the list on purpose to razz UK fans and get web hits. Very petty, unprofessional, and exactly how he manages to get anyone to read him.

I've been in Darryl's camp on Kyle since he was recruited. I think he'll prove to be 2nd only to Dampier as a UK shooter and has a shot at the title. His shot is flawless.

I'm just as impressed with that little jumper he hit. That ball was barely in a shot position and he put it in smooth as silk.
      Padukacat -
      Was gonna post the same pic....when i saw it i posted straight to the evil facebook for my duke friends...uh fake friends.
  • KSR Twitter Feed