Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• The Wildcats Have a Strong Showing over the Pikeville Bears 93-45

By: LONNY DEMAREE

After having their way with the Pikeville Bears, the Wildcats should be brimming with joy over a overpowering showing for the team the BBN and most importantly their head coach Kyra Elzy. Ten UK players got in the scoring column in the first half with equal distribution.

It took until the 6:52 mark in the first quarter before the Bears to get on the scoreboard. Maddie Scheer opened the scoring for the Wildcats with ta couple of nifty scoring drives to the basket. Coach Kyra Elzy said with her and Jada Walker on the floor at the same time should put a lot of pressure on the opposition.

The halftime score was 43-14 with Cats with a very comfortable lead. The Wildcats forced 17-turnover in the first half and scored 19-points off those miscues. Ajae Petty led the first half scoring with ten-points. Petty has good feet and outstanding post moves to the basket.

UK shot 46.7 percent in the half – 1-5 from three – 29 rebounds to 18 for Pikeville. The game was spiced with a jazzy rendition of “I like the way you move.”

The Wildcats contested every pass. As the game progressed Maddie Scheer was the leading scorer with 13-points. Jada Walker appears to be able to get her shot anytime she wants.

Kentucky outscored the Bear 31 to 14 in the third quarter. At that point ten player were in the scoring column. Kentucky continuously pushed the tempo getting ball up the court on the offensive end.

Transfer Ajae Petty with good feet showed good post moves. Elzy restocked her team with some good-looking transfers. Kentucky played the last 5-minutes with all backups on the floor.

The last basket was scored by Eniya Russell. The Kentucky scoring was led by transfer Ajae Petty with 15-points and four players total in double figures.

It showed all over Kyra Elzy’s face how happy she was to see a great performance. Though somewhat raw and having a lot of film to work from, by and large it was a good showing by her team. Elzy was elated that Pikeville was able to bus down to the university, having been through all they have been through.

Elzy said they wanted to force 20-plus turnovers and they had twenty-five. She said it was great to have Blair Green back on the floor and she makes us better. The coach said they will be a better shooting team this season.
    Elzy said they played at a fast pace and now they have to play with purpose..
    Comments 2 Comments
      catmanjack -
      I am interested to see how this year plays out.
      Elzy has her team and seems to be recruiting well.
      Padukacat -
      Should be an interesting year for them. The transfer Petty will be big for them. They dont really have a player they can lean on to get them a bucket when needed so it will have to be a team effort. Elzy will certainly earn her money this year and if she can have a solid showing it will really boost her career and the UK womens stock among recruits. They play Radford at home on Monday, its on espn+ i believe. I'll definitely be tuned into that one since we visited radford last weekend and watched them practice. They were down a few point guards and only had a freshman (Billy Wagners the ex-mlb pitchers daughter) at the time. Radford is fairly weak with a lot of new pieces so i'm thinking UK will beat them by 30+ if they have it together.
  • KSR Twitter Feed