Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Preseason Report card / blue white game

By: RONALD "DOC" BALL

Like the team, this is an unorganized, nonrefined attempt. However I am donating all proceeds to the flood relief

General Impressions We have the potential to be one of the best UK teams of all time. My "impression" is this team is not going to shy away from the long range jumpers but unlike teams of the past there are multiple guys who can make them. The number of dual threats we have is really inspiring. I give Cal huge props for keeping some talent that needed to stay.

Sahvir Wheeler IC-DNP but looks to be fine.

Antonio Reeves B+ Hit 42% of his treys (5-12) and led the team in shot attempt with 19. The 27 points was also tops. But I still was slightly disappointed although I don't know why.

Daimion Collins B+ Easily the most improved player over last year. Showing confidence and the staff showing confidence in him. 10 pts and 8 rebounds is a solid night.

Oscar Tshiebwe IC/DNP- looked and sounded fine. No worries.

Jacob Toppin C Only 12 pts and 9 rebounds, but did hit the clutch trey. I have high expectations for him so the grade may be a bit low

Cason Wallace B The only true PG on the floor led the team with 8 assists to go with 15 pts and 3-6 from long range. Showed his athleticism and good sense leading the team.

Chris Livingston B- Of all the players, it is Chris who appeared the most fatigued at the end. Made several "tired" mistakes but I love his attitude. He is the player with the killer instinct. 15 points, missed all three of his threes.

CJ Fredrick B+ Probably a bit high of a grade but I like what he did....and didn't do. He played smart and to his strengths without giving in to his weaknesses. Hit 4 of his 5 treys and tallied 18 points. Kid is the designated shooter, what I had hope Dontea Allen would have been. CJ is much more capable plus has the maturity and experience. Him off the bench is instant offense that will keep opponents honest.

Lance Ware IC/DNP He was the one nonparticipant that could have benefited the most by showing the fans what he is capable of doing. I see him as the man behind Oscar, moreso than Collins who has developed into that stretch 4 capable of hitting the outside shot.

Adou Thiero A Easily the outstanding player. Hustled everywhere. Leading rebounder with 12 to go with his 21 points. Is a capable point guard in a pinch. He is making a case to be a prime contributor on this team rather than future ones.

Ugonna Onyenso C+ He and Damion make a swatting pair. Rim protection won't be an issue. Offensively is super raw, but once he puts on 10-15 lbs he will be a much better player. His 4 blocks impressive as was his 6-9 shooting although a few of those were garbage types (which I am a fan of). But IMO he should be behind Lance come playing time.

Coaching Kudo's to the change in approach. Its now "your program" (the fan) as opposed to the players. Bottom line is players are there a few year but the fans are forever. Think Cal is coming to that realization.

Officials no complaints

Commentators B Liked Cameron a lots. Lots of good time filling too.

Other The starting lineup for the season may be one of the most irrelevant things ever. Personally I'd like to see one of Sahvir, Antonio, Damion, Jacob and Oscar backed up by Casson, CJ, Adou, Livingston and Ware. But there are tons of options.
  • KSR Twitter Feed