Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Jordan Wright SEC Defensive Player of the Week; Dane Key SEC Freshman of the Week

DEFENSIVE

Jordan Wright, LB, Kentucky

- Made a game-changing interception while totaling six tackles, a quarterback sack, another tackle for loss, and caused a fumble in Kentucky's 26-16 come-from-from behind win at No. 12/19 Florida.

- With Kentucky trailing 16-7 late in the second quarter, he made a spectacular one-handed interception and returned it to the Florida six-yard line, setting up a UK touchdown that swung the momentum in favor of the Wildcats.

- From that point, UK limited Florida to no points, five first downs and 91 total yards in the second half; it was the first time UF had been shut out in the second half since 2017.

- In the third quarter, stopped a possession with an eight-yard sack, forcing a punt.

- Also credited with a five-yard tackle for loss and a caused fumble.

FRESHMAN

Dane Key, WR, Kentucky

- A true freshman, he caught three passes for a game-high 83 yards and a touchdown in Kentucky's 26-16 win at No. 12/19 Florida.

- Began UK's scoring with a fiercely contested leaping grab for a 55-yard touchdown, the longest play of his young collegiate career.

- Since freshmen became eligible in 1972, he is the first Wildcat freshman to catch a touchdown pass in each of his first two games (also had a TD last week vs. Miami).
    Comments 4 Comments
      Catfan73 -
      They were both spectacular.
      dan_bgblue -
      And technically UK played Miami University of OHIO last week, but just using the name Miami looks a lot better on the stat sheet.
      Catfan73 -
      They probably assumed most UK fans—and who else would be reading it—know it was Miami University since we just played them last week. And I’m not so sure Miami U wouldn’t beat the U of Miami.
      suncat05 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
      They probably assumed most UK fans—and who else would be reading it—know it was Miami University since we just played them last week. And I’m not so sure Miami U wouldn’t beat the U of Miami.
      I have to agree with this point.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post