Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Week's Highlights and Today's Scrimmage

By: LONNY DEMAREE

* Mark Stoops said he likes this team and their overall mindset.
    * Never as bad appears or never as good seems after practice. After Stoops watches the film, to get the full picture.
    * Stoops said the Levis had a really nice day today,
    * Stoops said Maxwell Hairston 6-1 185-pounds a red shirt freshman is showing he can be that fourth cornerback. The coach said he has that top end speep.
    * The coach said there are some good young receivers in the tight end and wideout room.
    * Wide Receiver Christian Lewis is using his 6-5 height to go up over the db's and make that fifty/fifty covered catch.
    * Ramon Jefferson contnes to impress out of the backfield. He has outstanding vision and had good hands to catch the ball.
    * Octavious Oxendine said he was impressed today with some of the runs Jefferson had. He said you have to lower your pad level to tackle him.
    * One knowledgable observer said one thing that jumped out at him today was the proctection they provided for Levis.
    * In the spring after Will Levis is gone their is going to be a three-man competition at the quarterback. Stoops said today that freshman quarterback Destin Wade did some nice things and is going to be a really nice player.
    * The secondary is much better than expected. Alex Afari is an impressive defensive back for a freshman.
    * Kobi albert is goinng to be hard to keep of the field.
    * Stoops said tight end Jordan Dingle is a complete football player. His catch-radius is big and he made a couple very nice catches today.
    * Anwar Stewart said he has 8 or 9 guys that can rotated in his defensive line.
    * Jefferson said his all time great running back was Barry Sanders which was music to my ears because I completely concur and Marshawn Lynch for his tough running style. Jefferson said his hobby is Martial Arts.
    * Today Matt Ruffolo had a 51-yard field that would hve been good from 57-yards.
    * As I wrote about and Stoops buttressed, the defense is going to be stout.
    * Dane Key caught a 30-yard fade-route from Levis for a toughdown.
  • KSR Twitter Feed