Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Practice Habits are a Thing of Perseverance

By: LONNY DEMAREE

Since the Arrival of Hal Mumme the as the UK Head coach the availability of observing practice is very limited. Thereby, it is about time utilization. My Media cohorts for the most part are good professional people with one drawback. They tend to congregate while at practice harboring previous analytical knowledge of the strengths and so-called weaknesses of the team.

My many years of watching practice is a built in radar brings about picking out strengths and weaknesses others may miss. I say that to say this – we had been informed or should I say process of elimination made us aware of the need for replacement of certain positions on the field.

Offensive Line: We knew the need for a left tackle so much so the coaching staff was putting a priority of plucking Vanderbilt’s left tackle, Tyler Steen before desperate Alabama Crimson Tide swept him away. So, Deondre Buford, the ball is in your court. The previous UK left tackle have been in the 6/7 foot height range. I spent a great deal of the time allotted observing the offensive line and left tackle in particular.

The media guide and game programs all list him at 6-foot-3 295-pounds. Ah, an instant red flag for the BBN faithful. Getting a very close up look at the young man was not the Buford the four star recruit from out of Detroit, Michigan, a city that has been very good to the UK football team. Buford is a solid 6-foot-4 320-pound very cerebral football player with excellent feet and strength. This young man has competition for his position which is an offensive line coach’s dream. This will only serve him to prove himself worthy of protecting Will Levis’ back side. Hence the Big Blue Wall will not miss a beat.

Secondary: This unit gave up a limited amount of chunk-plays to the tune of the 26th best defense on the country. So my eyes went directly to the secondary. It didn’t take but a handful of plays to see UK had a jewel in the making at the secondary. That player is three-star Jordan Lovett that has the instincts and the dog in him to be an impact player. The BBN will like what they see in red freshman, Lovett.

Wide Receiver: Demarcus Harris will make a lot of plays at equal proficiency of Josh Ali. Harris runs great routes and exhibit very good hands. All the pre-requisites of being a playmaker. Harris is a wide receiver from the Vero Beach Florida, a place that before his passing, a legendary coach said that as long as he’s around UK would never get a player out of the Treasure Coast area. This coach was a player in the Charlie Bradshaw Thin Thirty days. Watch Harris some the defenses will not have caught on to until it too late.
    Comments 1 Comment
      dan_bgblue -
      This young man has competition for his position which is an offensive line coach’s dream. This will only serve him to prove himself worthy of protecting Will Levis’ back side. Hence the Big Blue Wall will not miss a beat.
      You may have noticed my concern about protecting Will's blind side. It is great to read that you are confident hat the talent is in place to do tht.

Thank you sir!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • KSR Twitter Feed