Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• SEC Quarterbacks Gone Wild Through the Help of the Transfer Portal

By: LONNY DEMAREE:

The value of an established quarterback is priceless for the success of a football season. Unlike other bowl winning years, UK didn’t fit into that category.

So, in the 2021 season UK with new offensive coordinator Liam Coen from the Kyle Shanahan, Sean McVeigh tree came a Penn State transfer quarterback, Will Levis.

Levis was raw with a powerful arm and had only on difference maker receiver, Wan’Dale Robinson.
    After some excellent coaching and more of a controlled approach to the game as the signal call, Levis settled into a quality quarterback.

How they line up in the SEC:I’m going to start at the top and work my way down and the bottom up and meet somewhere in the middle. Knowing the SEC and Deep South media, my observations will be too liberal for their taste. To them we are still talking about Kentucky football.

I’m going to start at the top and work my way down and the bottom up and meet somewhere in the middle. Knowing the SEC and Deep South media, my observations will be too liberal for their taste. To them we are still talking about Kentucky football.

#1 Heisman Trophy winner Alabama’s Bryce Young. Enough needs to be said about him.

#2 Many would say Arkansas KJ Jefferson but I would go an unexpected direction.
    #2 my number two is Tennessee’s Hendon Hooker. I know Kentucky die-hard’s would dislike the notion, but I have to tell it like I see it.

To me, this is no surprise because I saw him as a sophomore at Virginia Tech and to their fans I showered accolades about Hooker. And now he is everything I thought he would be. He can throw 2,945 yards, 31 td’s, only three interceptions which tied him for second. He can run and has outstanding pocket presence.

#3 now, Arkansas’ KJ Jefferson 2,676 yards, 21 TD’s and 4-ints. Jefferson is big and strong.

#4 Kentucky’s Will Levis who with a productive season could move up higher. Levis caught the eyes of the NFL Scouts when he was put on display at UK’s Pro Day. Now, for 2022 this is the first time they go into a season quarterback with an established quarterback.

Levis will now have the ability to spread the ball around in the offense going way from the one-trick-pony attack of last season. At least four of his interception were forced to Wan’Dale Robinson or hail-Mary at the end of half’s.

That pony Wan’Dale Robinson is impressing in the Giant camp.

#5 Mississippi State Will Rogers. The Air-Raid dink and dunk attack garnered him big numbers. A 75.2 percent percentage, 35 TD’s, and 8 Int’s.

#6 Stetson Bennett. He is not the proto type quarterback but with a tremendous supporting cast, he led the Georgia Bulldogs to a National Title. Even with that his Bulldog fans would only show a shade over fifty percent approval rating.

#7 South Carolina’s Spencer Rattler. It’s my guess he will rank much higher since he was a 2021 Heisman Trophy candidate. After getting beat out by now Southern Cal’s starter, Oklahoma Caleb Williams.

#14 Vanderbilt’s Ken Seals. Though he is thought to have a good arm, his stats are meager. He doesn’t have the weapons to be good.

#13 Auburn’s Zach Calzada. He transferred to Auburn for the 2021 season from Texas A@M. Calzada took over the Tiger job after Bo Nix transferred to the Oregon Ducks. Auburns record 3-5 in the SEC and 6-7 overall.

Lots of wrangling took place in the off season over the possible firing of Head Coach Bryan Harsin. Harsin survived with a few scars.

#12 LSU’ Garrett Nussmeier. Head Coach Brian Kelly said the three man quarterback is far from finished. There is an old adage that say when you have three, you don’t have one.

#11 Florida’s Anthony Richardson. Again until recently when Emory Jones transferred, they had a three man race. Florida’s overall scholarship numbers are down across the team.

#10 Texas A&M’s Max Johnson is a transfer from LSU. He seemingly couldn’t play for Brian Kelly. He had presentable numbers at LSU.

#9 Missouri. The Tigers have a three man race for the starting quarterback job and as I previous alluded to, when you have three, you have none.

#8 Ole Miss’s Jackson Dart. For a quarterback that was a 5-start coming out of high school, in five game starting on October 30th, he was less than impressive with stats of 61.9 % 1,352 yards 7-2, 9 TD’s, and five interceptions. He was 1-5 in his five starts.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post