Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• SEC making change to SEC Basketball (& other) Schedules - Regular Season & Tourney

Men’s Basketball

Regular season: Each season a team will play two permanent opponents home and away, one rotating opponent home and away, plus the 12 remaining teams in single contests either home or away, for a total of 18 conference games.

SEC Men’s Basketball Tournament: All 16 teams will compete in a single-elimination format, consistent with the current format but with two additional games. The top four seeded teams will continue to receive a bye through the first two rounds of the tournament.

Women’s Basketball

Regular season: Each season a team will play one rotating opponent home and away, plus the 14 remaining teams in single contests either home or away, for a total of 16 conference games.

SEC Women’s Basketball Tournament: All 16 teams will compete in a single-elimination format, consistent with the current format but with two additional games. The top four seeded teams will continue to receive a bye through the first two rounds of the tournament.

Soccer

Regular season: Soccer will continue to compete in a two-division format. Each season a team will play seven divisional opponents plus three cross-divisional opponents on a rotating basis, for a total of 10 conference games.
    SEC Soccer Championship: 12 teams will compete in a single-elimination format, with the top four seeded teams receiving a first-round bye.

Men’s and Women’s Tennis

Regular season: Each team will play a single round robin against all other teams in the conference, consistent with the current format.
    SEC Men’s and Women’s Tennis Championships: All teams will compete in a single elimination format with the top four seeded teams receiving a bye through the first two rounds of the tournament.

Softball

Regular season: Each season a team will play a three-game series against eight rotating opponents, for a total of 24 conference games.
    SEC Softball Tournament: All teams will compete in a single-elimination format, consistent with the current format but with two additional games.

Regular season schedule and championship formats in all other SEC sponsored sports remain under discussion and will be announced at a future date.
    Comments 2 Comments
      CitizenBBN -
      I'm still surprised we have women's soccer, but not men's. UK is in the MAC for that isn't it? Just odd given the heavy athletic emphasis of the SEC. I'm not really a big soccer fan but I readily realize many people are, more than enough to support the sport I would think.
      MickintheHam -
      Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
      I'm still surprised we have women's soccer, but not men's. UK is in the MAC for that isn't it? Just odd given the heavy athletic emphasis of the SEC. I'm not really a big soccer fan but I readily realize many people are, more than enough to support the sport I would think.
      UK plays soccer in CUSA, but a move somewhere else in imminent.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post