Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Opinions That Needs to be Kept in the Room

By: LONNY DEMAREE

Everyone that has an opinion has a room they keep them in – the dark recesses of your mind; in your drawer of your Chester-drawers; in your file cabinet; or perhaps on a tee shirt may don. Most of all the most powerful is your mouth. There is an old cliché that say ‘loose lips sinks ships.’
    So what I am saying is there are times that you check your ego at the door. We will ponder a few of those examples in no particular order, these words.

One of the first official moves in 2015 when Jim Harbaugh the new Michigan Wolverines Head Coach did shortly after his hiring at Michigan, he came with guns a-blazing after Vince Marrow as his recruiting coordinator. As far as Michigan, we don’t know if he came again. With opportunity to be the recruiting coordinator at a prestigious program. He knew looking at the Kentucky program the talent wasn’t there so he checks his ego at the door. He as well as Stoops put their heads down and went to work.

AGAIN, in 2020 newly hired Michigan State’s head coach Mel Tucker came hard after Vince Marrow for his recruiting coordinator and assistant head coach. Marrow said Tucker was a personal friend and it was very difficult to turn him down. Marrow again checked his ego at the door and stayed with the Wildcats. In 2014 then, head coach Mark Dantonio said “who is this guy taking my recruits to Kentucky?”

Kiyaunta Goodwin, a 5-star 6-foot-8, 355-pound Kentucky commit was a rigorously sought after recruit from all the national powers. He checked his ego at the door. In any year in the past he is an instant starter for the Wildcats. Nick Saban’s recruiting tactic is, in his office he has all his national champion rings lined up for the recruit to see.

Josh Paschal was a highly recruited player from Prince George County, Maryland checked his ego at the door. At the YMCA where I work out, I often entered into cordial conversation with now deceased Wesley Nakajima during our routines. This gentleman was a huge Penn State fan where he received his Master’s degree. When Paschal committed to Kentucky, Nakajima in a hyper-ventilating way said you ‘all stole one of our (Penn State) prize recruits.

Mike Drennen ll who chose not to sign in the early signing period and held out until the February signing day. He is a versatile athlete from Dublin, Ohio that was recruited by Ohio State, Michigan, and other power-five schools. He was consider the sixth rated athlete in the nation. Drennen checked his ego at the door. He was the number 3 overall recruit coming out of Ohio. It is the BBN’s hope Drennen stays at UK after witnessing his performance on Spring Game day.

We are now head-long into the microwave generation. The ability to transfer at any time, which I support, forces the coaching staff to have to re-recruit their difference-maker players.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post