Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• May 1 Kentucky Baseball Update

Just got home from a quick trip and see we managed to salvage the final game of the series vs Florida, but another SEC series lost.

We fell to 7-14 in the SEC after the weekend, tied for 12-13-14th (last) place in the conference.

The other bad news is that we're tied with Missouri...who would win a head to head tiebreaker if we are battling for the 12th and final spot to make Hoover, since they won the series against us.

The other bad news is that we're tied with Ole Miss...who would win a head to head tiebreaker if we are battling for the 12th and final spot to make Hoover, since they won the series against us.

The other bad news is that we're now 1 game behind Florida...who would win a head to head tiebreaker if we are battling for the 12th and final spot to make Hoover, since they won the series against us.

More bad news is that we face # 1 Tennessee next weekend, and are unlikely to gain any ground.

Side note... Tennessee's Ben Joyce threw a 105.5 mph pitch today, the 2nd fastest pitch in any game in recorded history. And no, #1 wasn't Sid Finch. Ben Joyce also threw 28 pitches of 103 or more today. No MLB pitcher has ever thrown more than 15 of those in a game, even rounding up (ie, counting 102.5 as 103).

Back to the bad news. We're stuck at # 74 in RPI, with an 8-14 Quadrant 1 mark, and nowhere close to at-large consideration.

In addition to Tennessee, we travel to Columbia to face South Carolina in two weeks and will finish with Auburn.

Reasonably good chance that will end our season. I hope not, but not liking our chances.
    Comments 3 Comments
      dan_bgblue -
      Sorry man, Am I totally misreading what was written. Since he is not pitching tomorrow, and was not listed for Sat or Sun in the TBA group, I thought I would not get to see him. I mean I can for sure see them not wanting to waste him against UK since they have bigger fish to fry later this month in UGA and MSU. .
      Darrell KSR -
      He may pitch tomorrow. He's a reliever. We will likely see him sometime.
      dan_bgblue -
      Thanks for that info
  • KSR Twitter Feed