Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Kentucky travels to No. 13 Louisville on Tuesday

LEXINGTON, Ky. – Kentucky will look to get back on track and defeat its in-state rival when it travels to No. 13 Louisville on Tuesday. Each program won on the other’s home turf in 2021.

UK won 11-7 in Louisville last season with Ryan Ritter driving in six runs. He had a home run and bases clearing double, as well as several highlight-reel defensive plays in the game.

First pitch is scheduled for 5 p.m. ET on the ACC Network. The earlier scheduled meeting at Kentucky Proud Park this season was rained out and has yet to be re-scheduled.

UK (21-15) is coming off a disappointing series where it won the opener at Missouri in grand style before falling the final two games, including losing a 6-0 lead in the finale. UK will return home this weekend to face No. 19 Vanderbilt.

DETAILS

Tuesday, April 19 at #13 Louisville

5 p.m. ET; Louisville, Ky. (Jim Patterson Stadium)
    TV: ACC Network Radio: UK Sports Network
    Live Stats: gocards.com/sidearmstats/baseball/summary
    Comments 25 Comments
      dan_bgblue -
      I just checked and if one has ESPN+, and or the ACCN, on their streaming service they can watch the game live as long as the proposed rerouting of the Ohio river does not start today, or a giant sink hole does not open up in the bend of university drive just south of 12 street.

Darrell, should I bother to spend 3 hours of my Tuesday afternoon and early evening watching this contest. If you say yes, then I will tune in and prevent the rest of the baseball fans in this community from feeling the need to tune in. If you say no, then I will venture out and pick up the latest crop of fallen limbs then mow the yard. I need to change the motor oil in the machine and this evening would be a good time to accomplish that chore. If you are busy, then I can put all of that off til tomorrow afternoon and early evening.
      dan_bgblue -
      Oh well, I went to the garage, talked soothingly to the mower, gave it a pat on the rear fender, and told it I would see it tomorrow afternoon for an hour of so of exercise.
      Darrell KSR -
      Just came in from an hour or so with my mower. I should be working, but it had reached beanstalk status and I needed to do something before the weekend.

Now for a short run, then grocery, then grilling. I will not have a chance to watch, listen or follow tonight, so if you make the sacrifice, I would enjoy the recap after dinner.
      dan_bgblue -
      Jump will lead off for the Cats, out. Harris steps in, lines out to 3rd. Estep in the box, walked him. Church at the plate, Estep thrown out on a steal attempt.

0-0 all B1
      dan_bgblue -
      Logue will start the game for UK, batter 1st batter, grounds out to first. 2nd batter, grounds out to 3rd. 3rd batter, stroked a hanging curveball over the center field wall. 4th batter, hbp. 5th batter, lines out to short.

1-0 U6 T2
      blueboss -
      I got into a skirmish with my mower last evening, I ended up winning the battle but the war will rage on through September.

Thanks for hosting KSR Wildcat Baseball sportscast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      dan_bgblue -
      UL changes pitchers, Church back at the plate, KO swinging, Fogle steps in, singles back up the middle. Plastiak walks up, singles thru the gap between 1st and 2nd and that moved Fogle to 3rd. Liebert at the plate, KO swinging. Ritter in the box, long ball to center that is caught over the wall by a leaping center fielder.

1-0 U6 B2
      dan_bgblue -
      Logue still on the mound, 1st batter grounds out to short. 2nd batter, KO swinging. 3rd batter, KO swinging.

1-0 U6 T3
      dan_bgblue -
      3rd pitcher for U6

Rubalcaba leads off, KO swinging. Jump steps in, liner to the right center gap. Harris strides up, KO swinging. Estep in the box, U6 pitcher #4 enters the game. Estep lines out to 2bd

1-0 UK B3
      dan_bgblue -
      Logue still on the bump. 1st batter, walks him. 2nd batter, flies out to the track in right. 3rd batter, HBP. 4th batter, KO swinging. 5th batter, and Hudepohl will come on to relieve Logue.
      dan_bgblue -
      Hudepohl pitching to the 5th batter with 2 out and runners at 1st and 2nd, 4 pitch walk to load the bases. 6th batter, lined intop the gap in left for a double to plate 2 runs. HUdepohl has not thrown a good pitch yet. 7th batter, KO swinging.

3-0 U6 T4
      dan_bgblue -
      Church leads off the 4th, rolls it back to the mound for out #1. Fogle steps in, KO swinging/ Plastiak in the box, high chopper over the mound and he beats the throw to first. Liebert stands in, grounds out.

3-0 U6 B4
      dan_bgblue -
      Hudepohl still on the bump, 1st batter, grounds out to short. 2nd batter flies out to left. 3rd batter HBP. 4th batter, grounds out to short.

3-0 U5 T5
      dan_bgblue -
      Ritter leads off, and faces U6's 5th arm, grounds thru the left side. Rubalcaba hits into a DP. Jump at the plate, grounds out to short

3-0 U6 B5
      dan_bgblue -
      Strickland is on the mound for UK. 1st batter, pop fly to right, 1nd batter pops out to 2nd. 3rd batter,
      grounds out to 2nd.

3-0 UK T6
      dan_bgblue -
      Harris leads off the 6th for UK, walked him on 4 pitches. Estep in the box, walked him on 5 pitches. 6th pitcher for U6. Church walks up for UK, lines one thru the left side. Fogle stands in, KO swinging at a pitch 4 inches off the outside corner. Plastiak walks up, deep fly to the track in left plates a rum.. 2 outs and runners at 1st and 2nd. Liebert at the plate, KO swinging.

3-1 U6 B6
      dan_bgblue -
      Strickland still on the mound for UK. 1st batter pops out to short left. 2nd batter flies out to right, 3rd batter, flies out to center.

3-1 U6 T7
      dan_bgblue -
      Ritter leads off the 7th, KO swinging. Rubalcaba walks up. grounds out to short. Jump in the box, flies out to left.

3-1 U6 B7
      dan_bgblue -
      Cotto on the mound for the Cats. 1st batter, singles to left. 2nd batter, grounds out to 1st on a fielders choose. 3rd batter, runner steals 3rd, Harper comes on in relief, walked him. 4th batter, KO looking. 5th batter, walked him on purpose (power hitter). 6th batter up with 2 outs and bases loaded, walked him on 4 pitches. 7th batter, KO swinging.

4-1 U6 T8
      dan_bgblue -
      Harris leads off for UK, will face the 7th U6 arm, KO looking. Estep walks up, outruns the throw from 3rd for an infield single. Church in the box, passed ball and Estep, trots to 2nd, Sac grounder moved Estep to 3rd. Fogel at bat, HBP. Plastiak in the box, and UL uses their 8th pitcher, who is one of the top 10 closers in the country, KO looking at a pitch 4 inches off the plate and away. 2nd call in the same spot against UK. Ump is wrong on the call but he is consistent.

4-1 U6 B8
  • KSR Twitter Feed