Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Mark Stoops Upbeat After Todays Practice

By: LONNY DEMAREE

Without being specific, Mark Stoops said they didn't scrimmage today. He said they wern't ready but my guess is he didn't want to risk anymore injuries on the infield turf. In addition to Vito Tisdale there several more bumps and bruises. So they will spend the next three day getting healed up.

Stoops said they will watch the film of today's practice Monday and Tuesday gat back after it.
    He sid his receivers are stepping up and they are a good group.

The mouth of the South J.J. Weaver had his take on the receivers - Chistian Lewis and Levis is impressed with his ability to go up in the air and make the 50/50 catch - Rahsaan Lewis - "I like them all" - Oh, JuTahn (McClain) lines up in the slot and he's all over the place making plays - and the transer from Virginia Tech, with help from the media...Tayvion Robinson, He in the slot and make plays, he's like Wan'Dale (Robinson) but he is stronger (Laughs). The way my media cohorts mocked him for that statement, perhaps he was telling it like it is. For whatever reason, Wan'Dale Robinson wouldn't do the bench press at the combine. Slot receivers have to be strong in order to get off of press coverage.

Stoops expressing his offense' versatility said "he wants to present one thing and do another. He said Dekel Crowdus has the speed and change of direction to be good. Stoops said - " We will feature him some this spring and see how he takes to that. He's showing flashes and big play capability.

Back to the "Mouth in the South." J.J. Weaver in his description of Tayvion Robinson and by comparison of Wan'Dale Robinson, said Robinson is faster and runs better routes but he stuck to his guns on the strength comparison. Weaver said that last year he rushed back on to the field to help because they are a good team.

He said the brace was holding back his range of motion and he has shed the brace and can now cut it loose.
    Weaver talked about he Ohio State transfer Darrion Henry-Young and what he brings to the defensive line. "He's helped me on my pass rush and he is fast," Weaver said. Henry-Young has four years of eligibility. Weaver talked about the other lineman transfer from Auburn Tahshawn Manning how he loves his hands and can strike.

There is a concern of the secondary depth. Weaver talked about how Jordan Lovett is stepping up. "He can come down and hit like Yusuf (Corker)," Weaver said "He's a dog and looks like Corker.

An infornational note on the North Hardin guys. Coming out of high school they were all weight room junkies and could squat 400-pounds and over. They were all purported to be good students. This is a testament to the kind of players Stoops is bringing into the program.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post