Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• SEC Tourney Bracket Officially Set

Bama plays winner of UGA/Vandy.

We play winner of that.

Tough first game, but it’s time to start winning trophies.
    Comments 37 Comments
      Darrell KSR -
      Posted by Ken Pomeroy Attachment 10225
      Doc -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
      Funny. I usually focus on matchups, but this is one year when I think the matchups are easiest if you are the # 1 seed, then # 2 seed, then # 3 seed, then # 4 seed. Nothing weird about it. For the first round, I'd rather play A&M/FL than SC/MSU and SC/MSU than Alabama, and Alabama than LSU.
      Not for me. IMO the easiest double bye is MSU/SC vs TN. Neither SC or MSU puts any concern with me.

Next would be ours

Then FL/aTm

Then MS/MO vs LSU
      Catfan73 -
      I know the numbers have to add up but I think it’s funny that two teams have a negative percent chance of winning the championship. How does that work exactly? Like one of the players is going to score a basket for the opponent then declare a forfeit?
      Catfan73 -
      Posted by Ken Pomeroy Attachment 10225
      It’s interesting that UK has the best chance to win the championship (if they make it that far) after having the second best shot of making the finals and third best in the semi’s.
      blueboss -
      Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
      It’s interesting that UK has the best chance to win the championship (if they make it that far) after having the second best shot of making the finals and third best in the semi’s.
      That’s what caught my eye…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Terminus -
      I know the numbers have to add up but I think it’s funny that two teams have a negative percent chance of winning the championship. How does that work exactly? Like one of the players is going to score a basket for the opponent then declare a forfeit?
      Haha, I think they’re saying less than a 0.01% chance. Negative would probably be appropriate in this case as well though.
      Catfan73 -
      Chances of getting to the finals:

25.20 Auburn
      21.39 Arkansas
      18.56 LSU
      12.92 Florida
      12.52 Texas A&M
      05.92 Ole Miss
      03.49 Missouri

25.02 Kentucky
      24.19 Tennessee
      15.41 Alabama
      14.15 Miss. St.
      11.07 S. Carolina
      08.52 Vanderbilt
      01.63 Georgia
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
      That’s what caught my eye…

That's a "less than" symbol, not negative.

<
      Catfan73 -

<
      Ah, you’re right. So Missouri and Georgia each have less than a one in ten thousand chance of winning it.
      blueboss -

<
      The thing I was referring to was the comment about the best chance to win the finals if we get there.

Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
      The thing I was referring to was the comment about the best chance to win the finals if we get there.

Ahh, gotcha.

I've seen that before plenty of times. In this situation it makes sense because many of the computer rankings have Kentucky ranked as a stronger team than Auburn. But Kentucky's opponent is much stronger than Auburn's opponent. So the chance of Kentucky beating a much tougher opponent then Auburn beating a lesser opponent is not as good. But if Kentucky and Auburn meet in the finals, Kentucky is a stronger team and is more likely to win, hence the overall percentage.
      catmanjack -
      Alabama will be a tough first game, not what I was hoping for.
      kybobcat -
      Biggest issue seems to be the turnaround time.

Having to play the late game on Friday then a mid-afternoon game on Saturday will be rough, especially for a team that's banged up.

Hope Cal doesn't expect the starters to go 35+ minutes every game.
      catmanjack -
      The starters will play 30+ mins bench will get shortened unless foul trouble.
      StuBleedsBlue2 -
      If we win the tournament, that will most likely be 3 more Q1 wins. Every game would be against top 25 opponents, assuming favorites win.

If Vandy got hot, there’d be a chance to pick up another one, with them sitting at #78. Picking up 3 more is our max, though, but more than 1 way to get them.

I still do not trust the committee automatically giving preferential seeding to us over Auburn by the outcome of 1 game, when they consistently tell us it’s the entire body of work. If we beat Auburn that only knocks out their h2h advantage, but would still have the better record and more Q1/Q2 wins, which is obviously their #1 criteria.
      dtalbersjr -
      Quote Originally Posted by StuBleedsBlue2 View Post
      If we win the tournament, that will most likely be 3 more Q1 wins. Every game would be against top 25 opponents, assuming favorites win.

If Vandy got hot, there’d be a chance to pick up another one, with them sitting at #78. Picking up 3 more is our max, though, but more than 1 way to get them.

I still do not trust the committee automatically giving preferential seeding to us over Auburn by the outcome of 1 game, when they consistently tell us it’s the entire body of work. If we beat Auburn that only knocks out their h2h advantage, but would still have the better record and more Q1/Q2 wins, which is obviously their #1 criteria.
      Whatever happens on Sunday won't factor in, even if it's a win over Auburn. But if we can beat Bama then UT AND Auburn loses before the final, I think we can get a 1 seed.

If UK and Auburn both make the final, gonna be hard to get a 1 seed without some chaos. They shouldn't be ahead of us, but I think they will.
      StuBleedsBlue2 -
      Quote Originally Posted by dtalbersjr View Post
      Whatever happens on Sunday won't factor in, even if it's a win over Auburn. But if we can beat Bama then UT AND Auburn loses before the final, I think we can get a 1 seed.

If UK and Auburn both make the final, gonna be hard to get a 1 seed without some chaos. They shouldn't be ahead of us, but I think they will.
      Totally agree.
      dtalbersjr -
      Quote Originally Posted by StuBleedsBlue2 View Post
      Totally agree.
      Now what fun is that?!
      catmanjack -
      UK has a very tough draw to win the SEC.
      Alabama, UT and Auburn.
      2 top 15 teams and Alabama with potential to beat anyone.
      Not going to be easy.
      kingcat -
      I wouldn't count out Vandy making a run. This isn't the normal Vandy type team. Both UK and Bama had better bring their A game if they play.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post