Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Bowl Game Preperation and Basketball Hold the Interest of the BBN

By: LONNY DEMAREE

The Kentucky Wildcats are readying themselves for an important bowl game in Orlando, Florida.
    However in the meantime the basketball team has played the Missouri Tiger team a team that was 6-6 and the opening odds were Kentucky a 20-point favorite. Orlando Tubby Smith’s High Point team are on the horizon in his return to Rupp Arena. He is to receive some special honors at that game.

Now Stoops is going against his old Alma Mata the Iowa Hawkeyes. Although he and coach Ferentz are friend-(ly), Stoops like every other game wants to get the win.

One great thing that has come out of the bowl preparation is that in the third practice, Josh Paschal returned to practice. And if that is any indication, he could get to play in this game. Paschal suffered a leg injury in the season ending Louisville game. Prior to the injury Paschal had been playing extremely well and it would have been a travesty justice had not been able to participate in this game having been through all he has gone through in his tenure at UK.

Another amazing story is the season’s play of J. J. Weaver having won the Comeback Player of the year in FBS football. “J.J. (weaver is just an amazing story,” Brad White proudly said, having been his direct position coach. “A lot more play and participation on and off the field” Weaver said he has received a lot of couragement and support and all three levels – athletic director, head and position coaches, and fans.
    White expressed a high level of excitement on the recruitment of two edge rushers in the 2021 class – Keaton Wade, one of the twins from Spring Hill, Tennessee and Tyresese Fearbry from Pittsburg, Pennsylvania. “Keaton is as ready as anyone coming in since I’ve been here. Both the aforementioned are in the 6-foot-4 235-pound range.

White said – “I’m very picky about who I bring in for the outside linebacker spot because a lot is there’s on their shoulders. Alex Afari (listed an athlete) can play all three levels on that back end of the defense.
    Iowa has a bigtime center that will present a problem and can get to the second level.
  • KSR Twitter Feed