Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• KenPom, Sagarin, Bart Torvik, Team Rankings and Nitty Gritty NET

Just for fun...let's look at how Kentucky and top SEC teams are doing:

Pomeroy
    9. Tennessee
    10. LSU
    11. Kentucky
    13. Auburn
    18. Alabama

Torvik
    7. LSU
    10. Auburn
    14. Tennessee
    16. Alabama
    20. Kentucky

Team Rankings
    7. LSU
    9. Tennessee
    11. Auburn
    12. Kentucky
    15. Alabama

Sagarin
    8. LSU
    9. Tennessee
    13. Auburn
    16. Alabama
    17. Kentucky

Nitty Gritty Net
    3. LSU
    8. Tennessee
    10. Auburn
    23. Kentucky
    24. Alabama

So...combining these computer rankings and averaging them...

7.0 LSU
    9.8 Tennessee
    11.4 Auburn
    16.8 Kentucky
    17.8 Alabama
    Comments 12 Comments
      MickintheHam -
      IIRC, LSU was ranked 6th in preseason SEC Media Days Poll. Kentucky was first. I don’t believe either. I believe LSU has easiest schedule in the league. I like LSU to win followed by Auburn, Arkansas and Kentucky. Any of these 4 can win SEC.
      Catfan73 -
      I would have Auburn, UK, and Tennessee all above LSU. They look to me like a round of 32 team, sweet sixteen at the most.
      MickintheHam -
      After reviewing each team’s conference schedule Tennessee has the weakest one of all the contenders. That likely puts them in the Top 3. I’m just not impressed with any of their wins to date.
      Darrell KSR -
      Others have a better grasp on this than I do, and I appreciate your thoughts, but from the outside looking in, it looks like a potential bloodbath for the top spot.

Just saw Lunardi has 8 SEC teams in the NCAA tournament in his latest bracketology.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/co...-bracketology/
      Darryl -
      I think those rankings are fair right now, but I do believe Kentucky is playing like a top 5 team in the country.

My top SEC teams:
      UK/Auburn
      Tennessee
      Alabama
      LSU
      Huge drop off
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
      I think those rankings are fair right now, but I do believe Kentucky is playing like a top 5 team in the country.

My top SEC teams:
      UK/Auburn
      Tennessee
      Alabama
      LSU
      Huge drop off
      Kentucky's last two games indicate a lot higher. We keep seeing that play, and we'll blow those numbers out of the water. I agree they seem fair right now, taking the season as a whole, though.
      dtalbersjr -
      I think 14-4 would win the regular season outright this year. Maybe even 13-5.
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by dtalbersjr View Post
      I think 14-4 would win the regular season outright this year. Maybe even 13-5.
      Obviously, I want Kentucky to go 18-0 and win it. But from a competitive standpoint, it could capture our interest all year and there may be multiple teams challenging. I think you're right on your numbers, too. Will depend on how the "lesser" SEC teams compete, too.
      Darryl -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
      Obviously, I want Kentucky to go 18-0 and win it. But from a competitive standpoint, it could capture our interest all year and there may be multiple teams challenging. I think you're right on your numbers, too. Will depend on how the "lesser" SEC teams compete, too.
      If we go 13-5 in the SEC, lose at Kansas and do not win the SECT, we would have 9 losses on Selection Sunday. Historically, that would put us in the 4-5 seed line. Historically, we "ain't" winning the title seeded that low.
      dtalbersjr -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
      If we go 13-5 in the SEC, lose at Kansas and do not win the SECT, we would have 9 losses on Selection Sunday. Historically, that would put us in the 4-5 seed line. Historically, we "ain't" winning the title seeded that low.
      Conversely, if we go 14-4 in the SEC, DO win the SECT and win at Kansas, we would have 6 losses and would be no worse than a 2 seed.
      Darryl -
      Quote Originally Posted by dtalbersjr View Post
      Conversely, if we go 14-4 in the SEC, DO win the SECT and win at Kansas, we would have 6 losses and would be no worse than a 2 seed.
      Great point(s). Re-enforces my often stated belief EVERY game matters. We are way more successful as a 1-2 seed than lower levels.
      catmanjack -
      Keep saying it that UK needs a higher seed and it will eventually sink eventually.
  • KSR Twitter Feed