Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• The Cats Lair

My Cats Lair
    Beginning last Wednesday, there were many hot button positive issues circulating around UK Athletics though the weekend, and we are going to address some of them. Louisville had to back out of the Wednesday game because of an alleged Covid issue. Why I think there is something disingenuous about that decision. It plays well with the sporting public due the fact of Malik Williams sitting out of the Western Kentucky Hill toppers Saturday’s loss lost to them. Kentucky plays them in Rupp Arena instead.

Blockbusting 2022 Football Recruiting Class

This recruiting class was the best on modern times highlighted by 5-star 6-foot-8, 330 – pound Kiyaunta Goodwin. Goodwin is primarily a Louisville native but played his last two seasons in Charlestown, Indiana. On the day after the signing day, he still hadn’t made his official commitment and signing. Thursday he scheduled three press conferences – 08:30, 3:35 and 5:00. The belief was that he had flipped is commitment to Michigan State. The scheduled 3:00 Wednesday media press conference was pushed over in Thursday and in an extended presser in which Stoops was constantly checking his phone. Then finally the signing took place and he was officially able to announce and elaborate on Goodwin’s qualities. That the kind of circus atmosphere takes place in the Deep South every year.

CO-Mister Versatility

Paintsville, Kentucky’s 6-foot-5 325-poundd Grant Bingham is an analogy. Not only is he an offensive lineman with an attitude, he is a nimble footed state tennis champion.
    Fairfield, Alabama’s 5-foot-11 175-pound Kobi Albert, on the recruiting release was listed as an athlete. At this point it’s believed he has the ability to play both sides of the ball in games. Georgia had one such player in the late nineties. Champ Bailey is was recently inducted into the Professional Football Hall of Fame.

My Sleeper in the 2022 class

Elijah Reed is my choice. The 6-foot-3 Reed was a wide receiver prior to his senior season at Pleasure Ridge Park high school, He then switched to the secondary and it fit him like a glove. He has the speed to play the corner position and the leverage to make tackles. Position change more times than not workout beautifully – ala, Lynn Bowden and Izayah Cummings.

The UK fly

Have you ever tried to eat food outside in the summer and a fly is a continued annoyance. Such is the Wildcats’ Sahvir Wheeler. The Georgia transfer point guard can’t be defensed in a traditional manner because of his speed and quickness. Former Cat Rajon Rondo was very similar and a deathly passer.

All American name

Football Recruit defensive lineman Tomiwa Durojaiye – “Toe-mee-wah” “Durr-oh-Ji”. Good luck Tom Leach.

Sweet Shooter

Kellan Grady has a near perfect stroke on his jump shot. I felt the same way about Johnny Juzang who transferred to UCLA. For whatever reason we never got to see that in a Kentucky uniform. Let’s hope he’s not another Juzang tragedy. He’s fortunate in that Calipari is not in a position of promoting true freshmen for the next level.
    Is Dontaie Allen history?

On Strength Needed

Too much is made of bulk on athletes as we are hearing from the BBN in the case of Damion Collins. If that was the case, Walter McCarty (1993-’96) would never played a long time in the NBA on his pencil thin legs.
    Comments 2 Comments
      dan_bgblue -
      Interesting stuff. Thanks Lonny
      Darrell KSR -
      Thanks, Lonny.
  • KSR Twitter Feed