Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Tidbits from today's John Calipari Press Conference

– The Kentucky basketball players all have booster shots. Media opportunities have been shifted strictly to Zoom to hopefully mitigate the spread over the coming weeks.

– Cal said the biggest change from Notre Dame to North Carolina was not letting the ball stop.

– Cal said that individuals were not saying "I'm going to make the play" against North Carolina (presumably, as they did against Notre Dame).

– Cal said that a guy sitting next to him in Las Vegas ask him if he knew how many times he yelled at players to shoot, and he guessed about 100. That was his segue into saying that he wants Kellan Grady and others to be aggressive in shooting.

– Cal said that the team impose their will and had a swagger against North Carolina.

– On rescheduling the Louisville game: "if there are cancellations and an opportunity will play it." He said that if they do not play it this year, it should be played at Rupp Arena next year.
    Comments 11 Comments
      CitizenBBN -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post

He said that if they do not play it this year, it should be played at Rupp Arena next year.
      That's what UL thought when it was cancelled last year at their place. Doesn't work that way.

I didn't make a thread on this, but are we sure UL is sick? Seriously, they weren't happy that they didn't get the game there this year b/c they lost their home game last year. Just thinkin' out loud.
      dtalbersjr -
      Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
      That's what UL thought when it was cancelled last year at their place. Doesn't work that way.

I didn't make a thread on this, but are we sure UL is sick? Seriously, they weren't happy that they didn't get the game there this year b/c they lost their home game last year. Just thinkin' out loud.
      It wasn’t cancelled last year. We played at the Yum center.

The football game was cancelled last year, and they DID keep the home game this year.

The same should absolutely happen with the basketball game.
      Harlow -
      Don’t like the peer pressure Cal put on the guys are 20 and should be able to get jab if they want and don’t if not
      catmanjack -
      The constant yelling for the players to shoot just happens at the wrong times when the players are not even ready.
      He did that to ty ty once and you could tell by his reaction and luckily he made it.
      Harlow -
      I may be wrong but I thought he didn’t yell as much! I know second half it was blowout no need!
      Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
      The constant yelling for the players to shoot just happens at the wrong times when the players are not even ready.
      He did that to ty ty once and you could tell by his reaction and luckily he made it.
      catmanjack -
      No he was yelling maybe not as much but still yelling.
      CitizenBBN -
      Quote Originally Posted by dtalbersjr View Post
      It wasn’t cancelled last year. We played at the Yum center.

The football game was cancelled last year, and they DID keep the home game this year.

The same should absolutely happen with the basketball game.
      Sorry, it was football I was thinking about, and Duh, we did play there this year. Wasn't thinking straight.
      Harlow -
      I believe it wish he’d quit yelling n coach
      Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
      No he was yelling maybe not as much but still yelling.
      catmanjack -
      He has to be in control.
      blueboss -
      The yelling sure doesn’t exude confidence and comes off as desperate, and quite frankly it’s embarrassing. Take that crap into the locker room.

…it has to rattle the players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      bigsky -
      100% blueboss
  • KSR Twitter Feed