Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Patrick Towles Speaks on his Health and His Part in the Team’s Mission

By: LONNY DEMAREE

Joker Phillips said that except for the first day back on the practice field, Towles hasn’t worn any sort of ankle support and his mobility is good. Towles said he feels good, physically and he’s first concentrating on a mission to help his team win and to make himself better in all aspects of the game.

We asked the youngster how his transition from practice is to the games. He said – “Anybody can grasp in practice where the environment’s not hostile where it was in Missouri. It really wasn’t that hostile compared to all the other SEC schools. But to really be an effective SEC quarterback you’ve got to be able to drown everything else out and concentrate on what your coaches have taught you and I think I’m almost there. You have to get to the point to where you know it and you have to know it before you can excel at it.”

It’s been a long time as to when he struggled at the position. “Obviously it’s not very fun,” he said,”but it’s not like I was struggling and didn’t know why I was struggling. I knew the answers and working on fixing it this week and I hope things will be a lot better.”

He was asked about the transition from high school to college? Towles said everybody was trying to sell him on that fact the college was so much faster than in high school. He said it’s not the speed that causes him difficulty but the said it’s the complexity of the defenses. “This week we’ve watched a ton of film and coach Sanders has done a great job in breaking everything down for me,” Towles said.

Though he tried to downplay it he implied that there’s a marked difference. Towles said that in high school he never went under center and his feet were all over the place. “The coaches called the play and I executed them. Here there’s a lot more responsibility.

I’m getting to the point to where I can be a lot more effective.”
    He said he has to get to the point to where he’s a lot more effective and he can establish himself for the team and being a contender for next year. He said Vanderbilt does a great job of disguising their defense with their veteran defensive backs.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post