Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• City of Palms

One of my favorite HS hoops events started yesterday and continues thru the weekend and early next week. NI made it this AM. Some good talent including Livingston, Clarke (if playing), Nganga, Mookie Cook, Nick Smith, Derek Queen, Kwame Evans, Nascar Cunningham and McKenzie Mgbako. Will watch as much as I can over the next 3 days. Plethora of younger high ranked kids
    Comments 22 Comments
      kingcat -
      I look forward to your 'evals Doc.
      Doc -
      Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
      Someone really named their child Nascar?
      LOL...autospell

Skyy Clark still out.

Right now is lower tier teams. Big boys play tonight. Did like Soph Donovan Freeman. One to watch in the future

Nick Smith (ARKANSAS) getting ready to play next
      ukpumacat -
      Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
      LOL...autospell

Skyy Clark still out.

Right now is lower tier teams. Big boys play tonight. Did like Soph Donovan Freeman. One to watch in the future

Nick Smith (ARKANSAS) getting ready to play next
      I’m really glad Clark isn’t playing. They are targeting Jan 7th for him to be cleared and start practicing. I just really want the kid to take his time.
      Doc -
      Quote Originally Posted by ukpumacat View Post
      I’m really glad Clark isn’t playing. They are targeting Jan 7th for him to be cleared and start practicing. I just really want the kid to take his time.
      Agree...but I was hopefully. Like to see him again
      ukpumacat -
      Agree...but I was hopefully. Like to see him again
      I’m sure you will be able to hit the Turnpike and catch him at home soon enough.
      KMSBball -
      Always enjoy your reports Doc.
      Doc -
      Not impressed on with Udeh (big kid going to KS). Expected much more. Ditto for Nick Smith. We won that one by getting Livingston over Smith
      Doc -
      Just watched Karter Knox. Interesting fact....his dad played football for FSU where he won a national championship. Karter is a top 10 sophomore. Not as tall as his brother. Reminds me a lot of Tyrese Maxey. The (Tampa Catholic) are in the "Sunshine Series" (not the big boys) and both teams lacked big men, and the competition is a bit less. Still, I like his game. Good athlete who runs the floor well
      Darrell KSR -
      Knox have Maxey potential, Doc?

I could tolerate another Knox with Maxey like skills.
      Doc -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
      Knox have Maxey potential, Doc?

I could tolerate another Knox with Maxey like skills.
      I think the potential is there. Still a youngster.

Livingston playing in about an hour

Right now Ballard is up on IMG at the half
      Terminus -
      I think the potential is there. Still a youngster.

Livingston playing in about an hour

Right now Ballard is up on IMG at the half
      Will be interested to hear your thoughts on Livingston, Doc, hopefully you get a competitive game.
      Doc -
      Quote Originally Posted by Terminus View Post
      Will be interested to hear your thoughts on Livingston, Doc, hopefully you get a competitive game.
      Not much new on him. Physically strong, a really big guard. His perimeter shooting fits UK (meaning its inconsistent to say the least). Is a smooth and capable ball handlers. Runs the floor real well Made some poor passing decisions tonight. If I had to compare to a former UK player...hmm..maybe Kelenna Azubuike. He is that big physical guard. My overall impression was not as strong as I hoped. I have seen him a few times though. Out of the world potential.
      Terminus -
      Not much new on him. Physically strong, a really big guard. His perimeter shooting fits UK (meaning its inconsistent to say the least). Is a smooth and capable ball handlers. Runs the floor real well Made some poor passing decisions tonight. If I had to compare to a former UK player...hmm..maybe Kelenna Azubuike. He is that big physical guard. My overall impression was not as strong as I hoped. I have seen him a few times though. Out of the world potential.
      Thanks, Doc, KA is interesting comparison.
      dan_bgblue -
      Quote Originally Posted by Terminus View Post
      Thanks, Doc, KA is interesting comparison.
      Not sure I can take a year or two of a KA clone. The original one drove me up a wall.
      Doc -
      Not sure I can take a year or two of a KA clone. The original one drove me up a wall.
      One of my all time favorites.
      Powermaker -
      Wasn’t he “looks like Tarzan plays like Jane “
      catmanjack -
      He was.
      Doc -
      Quote Originally Posted by Powermaker View Post
      Wasn’t he “looks like Tarzan plays like Jane “
      Believe that was Alex poythress
      snoopcat -
      KA did turn the corner and developed into a nice player. However in these times they never stay long enough at UK for us to reap these gains.
      kingcat -
      Keleena was listed at 6'5 215 but to this day, as someone who stood right beside him in a hotel lobby, I will swear that a huge exaggeration.
      He played that size, but I know he wasn't even close to that as a frosh.

I could be persuaded to buy 6'2"
  • KSR Twitter Feed