Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Jeremy Flax Bookends the Big Blue Wall

By: LONNY DEMAREE

Who is Jeremy Flax? He is a another of the continuing structure of the offensive line foundationed by the late John Slarman.

Flax a Detroit, Michigan native, was a JUCO transfer with three years of eliglbility, coming to UK from Independence Community College considered a 4-star by Rivals.

I position myself in Rupp Arena when players file in on their official Visits. This huge 6-6 360 hulk stood out amoung many of the others in the group. He since has gone to work with Corey Edmund's the strength and conditoning group and now scales a more muscular 330-pounds.

New offensive coordonator Liam Coen said "Jeremy (Flax) has made himself a cornerstone at the right tackle spot. I asked Flax what was the difference in styles between Schlarman and new offensive line coach Eric Wolford? He said - "Their is a lot of difference in the two coaches in the teaching of the outside zone that they will run a lot of this season. He is a lot tougher and foreceful.

Flax will adjust to the speed and versatility of the new offense because of his athleticism Coen said he possesses. And the fact that at the junior college level he played both sides of the ball.

He said that even though Coen is the quarterbacks coach as well as offensive cooordinator, he is constantantly on all positions on the offensive side about have a notebook in their hand for study.

Marquan "Bully" McCall is the replacemant for Quinton Bohanna (now with Dallas). When asked the diference of going aganist the two. "Bully is a powereful, bigger player," Flax said. "When you hit him he has to be hit hard and he can be twitchy, also,"

He said he likes playing with tight ends in this offense and that they going to be in a lot of the offense. In so many way they have the hardest job in this offense. He said that in the previous offense Chris Rodriquez was a downhill runner but he is so much more than that and people will see that in this offense. Flax said the running back room is loaded and Jutahn McClain is the Wildcard.

In the interview session he pointed out Carrington Valentine. Who would be the backup to Flax at the right tackle spot? Flax alluded to a forgotten player, Naasir Watkins he will be 100 percent when fall practice begins and crosstrained Kenneth Horsey could also be kicked out to the edge.

LSU transfer starting tackle Dare Rosenthal who is presently working out at Aspiration Fitness in Louisville is a heavy lean for UK. Some fans are saying he would be an immediate starter. I say not without a fight from Jermy Flax.

CATS LAIR * Christian Lewis 6-4 was by Sports Illustrated, Birmingham player of the year.
    * Isaish Epps and Tre'Morgan add length to the wide receiver corps
    * SEC writer and as myself down plays the effect in the locker room. Jealously will be at a minimum because everybody has the same goals in mind and that's getting to the next level.
    * On the NIL, Dontaie Allen is the early leader. He could do extremely well in the state of Kentucky.
    * There nothing pat in the proposed 12-team playoff syetem. With SEC commissionor Greg Sankey, none of the proposals resonate - he still like the present playoff system.
  • KSR Twitter Feed