Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Madison Lilley Finalist for Best Female College Athlete ESPY Award

Lilley one of four finalists for prestigious award to be announced on July 10

BRISTOL, Conn. – Kentucky Volleyball senior setter Madison Lilley has been announced as a finalist for the Best Female College Athlete Award at the ESPY’s, ESPN announced in a press release Wednesday morning.

Lilley is one of four finalists, joining Paige Bueckers (UConn women’s basketball), Jaelin Howell (Florida State women’s soccer) and Odicci Alexander (James Madison softball).

Fan voting will run from June 16 through Friday, July 9 at 8 p.m. ET.

The 2021 ESPY Awards presented by Capital One will be held July 10 at 8 p.m. ET on ABC. The event will be televised from The Rooftop At Pier 17 at South Street Seaport, New York City, ESPN’s New York City headquarters.

Madison Lilley, Kentucky

2020 NCAA National Champion
    2020 NCAA Tournament Most Outstanding Player
    2020-21 Honda Award winner for volleyball
    2020-21 AVCA National Player of the Year
    2020-21 AVCA First Team All-American
    2020-21 SEC Player of the Year
    2020-21 AVCA Region Player of the Year
    All-time assists leader at Kentucky
    Led the NCAA with 12.37 assists per set
    Paced the UK offense to the highest hitting percentage of any team in the NCAA
    Senior CLASS Award finalist
    Graduated from Kentucky in May with a degree in Integrated Strategic Communication
    Comments 60 Comments
      Darrell KSR -
      I'm no expert, but the Setter is like the QB of a team. I'm not sure I've ever seen a better Setter. No, I'm sure I haven't.

Now think about that in terms of seeing a football quarterback, and seeing the best one you've ever seen. The BEST you've EVER seen.

I think that's why she's the most deserving. She's a generational talent. She does things no other Setter does. I'm not savvy enough to know all the permutations she goes through in deciding the target and type of set, but I am assured it is beyond elite level. And mechanically what I can see is that she is far above other Setters technically as well. Her athleticism in making sets just makes you shake your head.

If she doesn't win this, she's still got all the volleyball prizes, and it won't mean anything. But I don't think it will be right.

Jmo. She should win it.
      kingcat -
      Not much time left. I think a last minute push is in order

https://www.espn.com/espys/story/_/i...e-women-sports
      dan_bgblue -
      I can vote twice more for her.

Fan voting will run from June 16 through Friday, July 9 at 8 p.m. ET.
      kingcat -
      Yeah, we have two days to make our opinion known.
      dan_bgblue -
      Please do not forget to vote today. Voting ends at 8:00 PM tonight
      Terminus -
      Another vote for Ms Lilley.
      Darrell KSR -
      I hope Ms. Lilley wins by 1 vote. Kudos to the gang here.
      dan_bgblue -
      Do you voters want to know who won this part of the ESPYs?

tune in to the ESPYS on July 10 at 8 p.m. ET on ABC
      dan_bgblue -
      Does Disney have to pay people to watch this mess to get the rating above 1? I hope the female athlete award is next so I can turn this crap show off.
      kingcat -
      Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
      Does Disney have to pay people to watch this mess to get the rating above 1? I hope the female athlete award is next so I can turn this crap show off.
      Haha. I was thinking the same thing. It's terrible.

And more and more I suspicion fan voting has very little to do with the picks. This seems like just one long commercial with paid name drops to me.
      dan_bgblue -
      I am recording the broadcast so I can find out the winner in the morning. If no one else posts the outcome, I will do so in the morning.

Madison, we did our part and you did yours so I am hoping for the best.
      kingcat -
      ..gave it to the UConn bball girl. Her acceptance speech narrative was extremely socio-political.

Like I said, I sense this was one big sports commercial and not a serious sports award show.
      I would advise no one to watch it, or participate in the future.
      I'll say no more.

That's the Storrs'y.
      Catfan73 -
      I voted for Lilley several times but never had any expectation that she would win.
      dan_bgblue -
      Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
      ..gave it to the UConn bball girl. Her acceptance speech narrative was extremely socio-political.

Like I said, I sense this was one big sports commercial and not a serious sports award show.
      I would advise no one to watch it, or participate in the future.
      I'll say no more.

That's the Storrs'y.
      Thanks. Anyone recall my plea for others to vote for Madison so the uCON basketball player would not win?
      Darryl -
      ESPN has sold out to the people who hate this country and want to emphasize the faults any nation would be subject to.

Unless UK is playing, not one of my 14 TVs is ever on that POS channel

Darryl
      kingcat -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
      ESPN has sold out to the people who hate this country and want to emphasize the faults any nation would be subject to.

Unless UK is playing, not one of my 14 TVs is ever on that POS channel

Darryl
      Such societal faults can be pointed out in the proper time and place. With the caveat that appearances are very important when doing so.
      The show was dominated (not in a bad sense) by the very group of people she was standing up for.
      Who were in fact the majority present from the media and elsewhere, and she stood being honored having the most fair complexion of all. So I think, if she was truly serious, then hand that trophy back and say, I'm not deserving and on behalf of myself and the other finalists...I respectfully refuse.

And not appear abject to observing those who were just as, if not more, deserving as her, regardless of skin color.
      I thought it looked as if she was just playing to the crowd.

I'm as much A democrat and supporter of promoting such causes as anyone, but this was a bad look...and appeared staged.
      I dont believe it was actually, but in general and if anything, it was extremely damaging to her purported cause and I'd suggest embarrassing to most of those she claimed to speak for.
      dan_bgblue -
      The show was dominated (not in a bad sense) by the very group of people she was standing up for. They in fact were the majority in that related media, and she stood being honored having the most fair complexion of all. If she was truly serious, then hand that trophy back and say, I'm not deserving relative to this protest and on behalf of myself and the other finalists...I respectfully refuse.
      Did I miss the info necessary to understand your point because I refused to watch more than the first 25 mins of the show, or did you get a brain transplant with Woody Paige and it is a settled fact that normal humans are not supposed to understand anything he is saying.
      kingcat -
      Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
      Did I miss the info necessary to understand your point because I refused to watch more than the first 25 mins of the show, or did you get a brain transplant with Woody Paige and it is a settled fact that normal humans are not supposed to understand anything he is saying.
      I'm not sure on the transplant. But I am satisfied that somewhere in our abstract, rambling expressions of thought, we very much agree.

I 100% believe she should have complimented her contemporaries up for the award and left the other stuff alone in that format.

I did go back to my post to hopefully make myself more clear. Sorry.
      dan_bgblue -
      OK I get it now, you were addressing the acceptance speech of the winner. If I got it right, she was apologizing for being the winner because her skin color was not the same as the majority of the sports figures on stage. I am damn sorry that she did not feel worthy of the award. Her CRT indoctrination has completely taken hold.
  • KSR Twitter Feed