Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Toppin at camp

Toppin was mic’d up at camp. Sounds like he is having a great time interacting with kids.

Comments 74 Comments
      Darrell KSR -
      @HoopsInsight: This season UK may play a lot with Keion Brooks at PF and shooters around him.

Last season, the closest UK got to that was the 86 possessions he played at PF with Mintz & Allen.

With them, UK put up a top-10 offense and a higher adjusted margin than any team in the nation.
      ukpumacat -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
      @HoopsInsight: This season UK may play a lot with Keion Brooks at PF and shooters around him.

Last season, the closest UK got to that was the 86 possessions he played at PF with Mintz & Allen.

With them, UK put up a top-10 offense and a higher adjusted margin than any team in the nation.
      This is something many of us talked about incessantly in the game chats. Just such a frustrating thing to watch. Sarr and Jackson were just not a good combo. The eye test told us this. And stats like this back it up.
      CitizenBBN -
      Quote Originally Posted by ukpumacat View Post
      This is something many of us talked about incessantly in the game chats. Just such a frustrating thing to watch. Sarr and Jackson were just not a good combo. The eye test told us this. And stats like this back it up.
      Cal went big, when emphasis on guard play and mobility were the way to go. it's not just this last season.
      Darrell KSR -
      He has a good article on it with numbers at this link, complete with including the new players and integrating them into the lineup. It's a very good read, not complex, just nice that it includes some numbers.

https://hoopsinsightuk.substack.com/...SuqEOVOi8nljFI
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
      Cal went big, when emphasis on guard play and mobility were the way to go. it's not just this last season.
      Hopefully he has too many choices this year that require outside shooters as part of the combination. I think that's going to be the case.

Whether that continues into the future may be a different story. I'm hopeful that this year serves as a grand experiment, and he sees how well it can play and continues to mold futures teams in this manner.
      Darrell KSR -
      @RowlandRIVALS: The emphasis on shooting is real.

Kentucky is monitoring one of the top marksmen in the nation, per @TravisGraf_. There's reason to believe an offer would go a very long way with him https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/t...-watch.345507/ https://twitter.com/RowlandRIVALS/st...115971/photo/1
      ukpumacat -
      @RowlandRIVALS: The emphasis on shooting is real.

Kentucky is monitoring one of the top marksmen in the nation, per @TravisGraf_. There's reason to believe an offer would go a very long way with him https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/t...-watch.345507/ https://twitter.com/RowlandRIVALS/st...115971/photo/1
      Who is it? I am not a member there.
      CitizenBBN -
      Hopefully he has too many choices this year that require outside shooters as part of the combination. I think that's going to be the case.

Whether that continues into the future may be a different story. I'm hopeful that this year serves as a grand experiment, and he sees how well it can play and continues to mold futures teams in this manner.
      To be blunt i'm hoping that turning in the worst year in a century at the finest and most consistent basketball program in the nation's history has clued him into the need to make some real changes and not just some "tweaks".

If that doesn't wake you up to some self examination then nothing will.
      ukpumacat -
      Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
      To be blunt i'm hoping that turning in the worst year in a century at the finest and most consistent basketball program in the nation's history has clued him into the need to make some real changes and not just some "tweaks".

If that doesn't wake you up to some self examination then nothing will.
      Definitely hope so. It's really really hard to un-wire a coach who has been a defensive minded coach for so long. And we need a good defense to win. But so many of the poor line-up decisions he makes are based on defense (and rebounding) and not offense.

I have zero doubt in my mind that he sees the + and - numbers with every line-up that played after every game and likely at halftime. They don't tell you everything but they tell you a lot.

I have not seen this team play yet. But I can go ahead and tell you our best line-ups will be:

- Wheeler (or TyTy)
      - Mintz (or Fredrick)
      - Grady (or Allen)
      - Brooks (or Toppin)
      - Oscar T

The question is where does Collins fit in there. And I really don't know except that he plays Collins and Oscar T too much together.
      KeithKSR -

After Clarke went down last season our options at the guard spots were Allen and plugging in Keion or Toppin in at the three. Hopefully we do not find the team in that situation this season.
      ShoesSwayedBlue -
      Who is it? I am not a member there.
      Maki Johnson
      KeithKSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by ShoesSwayedBlue View Post
      Maki Johnson
      But, do you take him over the higher rated Reed Sheppard at that position?
      ShoesSwayedBlue -
      Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
      But, do you take him over the higher rated Reed Sheppard at that position?
      Both
      KeithKSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by ShoesSwayedBlue View Post
      Both
      I don’t know if you take too players at the CG spot ranked outside the top 50.
  • KSR Twitter Feed