Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Coach Calapari statement on Mike Krzyzewski

“To think that November may be the last time I ever coach against Mike Krzyzewski is hard to believe. For as long as I can remember, Coach K has been synonymous not only with Duke but with college basketball. His benchmark of excellence for nearly 50 years has pushed all of us.

“Personally, he has challenged me as a coach and a recruiter. We have competed against one another because that’s what we do as coaches, but the respect I have for Mike and all that he has done for our game and coaches goes so far beyond the battles we have had on the court over the years. Our game is not what it is today without a lifetime of dedication and love Mike has put into it.

“I want to thank Mike for all that he has done for me personally and congratulate he and his wife, Mickie, on an unbelievable career. The bar he has set will go unmatched.”
    Comments 5 Comments
      KeithKSR -
      Krzyzewski became a head coach at Army when Cal was 16. Krzyzewski went to Duke when Cal was a college sophomore.
      Darrell KSR -
      I saw a picture yesterday and meant to post it of Mike Krzyzewski with John Scheyer. While I am not a big fan, I do think this picture is pretty cool.

ukpumacat -
      I thought Cal's statement was very well done.
      CitizenBBN -
      I have released a statement on the retirement of Coach K:

DING DONG! THE WITCH IS DEAD!!!!!!

It's not nearly as well done as Cal's, but it's from the heart.
      ukpumacat -
      Haha
  • KSR Twitter Feed