Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Kentucky Opens Eyes Nationally in the Draft

By: LONNY DEMAREE

When reviewing Kentucky athletes and prior to the media, being as big a fan as there was.
    I have to have a heart transplant to give me a clearer prospective.

For the most part, I have always has an unbias prospective on the real quality of UK football.
    Kentucky players have always played with a chip on their shoulder coming from a lack of respect.

Many Kentucky fans I have dealt with have been left with head scratching on why UK didn't get the deserved respect, either in opponent favorite. South Carolina, with the exception of one year out of six, was always picked to win the game. Same with Missouri that came into the SEC with a bang. After that initial bang, Kentucky has dominated on the field of play but again, no respect.

Having said all of that, let's focus on the 2021 football draft.
    There is much gnashing of teeth on the why Drake Jackson wasn't drafted. Jackson was an integral part of the, basically ground pounding Big Blue Wall. There were times when the passing blocking was questionable. There never been a question of Jackson's toughness, technique, and leadership.

When it came what the NFL is looking for in their centers, there were questions - Jackson's measurables 6-foot-1.5, 300-pounds. Given that factor, there's no question about how effective he can be at that position. The NFL rarely carry more than 8 offensive linemen on their roster.
    Having said that they like bigger guys because they have to be interchangeable for any position along the line. Jackson does not meet those needs. Jackson is going to the Detroit Lions again getting a chance to break the mold of being under rated and undrafted.

Now let's talk about about AJ Rose. He showed flash's of being a big time back when he hits the hole and his explosion, but his consistency was sometime lacking. He couldn't consistently break tackles. However, Rose's work ethic will serve him well with the Minnesota Vikings. A quality that will be exploited is his ability to catch the ball out of the backfield making him a quality third down back.

Jamar "Boogie" Watson will take his determination as a free agent to the Pittsburgh Steelers.
    The Steelers are a blood and guts organization and Watson landed at a spot that will eventually get the best from him. Look at what they did with Bud Dupree. He will out work teammates in the playbook because of his intelligences.

The big surprise in this draft will be defensive back Brandin Echols taken by the New York Jets in the sixth round. He will take his 4.3 speed to that franchise and will eventually be a big surprise.

Vince Marrow rattled off six 2021 players that will get drafted in the 2022 draft. These stories will be developed as time will have it.

Marrow said Marquan McCall will be dominant. He had the same perspective on Josh Paschal.
  • KSR Twitter Feed