Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Brad White Excited About His Defense

By: LONNY DEMAREE

* The change in the offense has been a learning experience for the defensive guys.

* As Mark Stoops said, sometimes a change is good. Defensive coordinator Brad White said "making it is good for us." He said it's helping to eliminate stagnancy.

* Veteran linebacker DeAndre Square said his coach Jon Sumrall said sometimes it's good to be nasty and stand up to teammates and sometimes coaches.

* "I'm not a mean guy and when I was a younger player on this team, I did my job and went home," Square said.

* "DeAndre (Square) has been a big-time leader for us," White said." "He was under-sized when we recruited him." Now the coach wants more from him as a leader.

* Square said that for the last two nights he hasn't left the building until about 7:00 studying film and helping the younger to study the new offense.

* Square said the old me is gone because I have to be a leader.

* He said the installs were routine in the old system. He said days 1,2,3 were all the same. Now his whole world is turned upside down.

* White said the other inside guy is presently De'Eryk Jackson that's a 6-foot-1 250-pounder. He had some playing time against Auburn. But he has been more of an introverted guy and now he has to be an Alfa Dog.

* White said he doesn't measure body types, only he knows who can carry different weights. Now Paschal is carrying 302-pounds and Marquan McCall is down some pounds.

* Square expressed some excitement about his homeboy. Square said - "He's done a whole 360. He's more active. When he first got here he was more of a funning type of guy. Now he more professional. I think he's going to have a huge year for us."

* Marquez is now a jack-linebacker where White said he is more comfortable. He and Jordan Wright will man those positions.

* K.D. McDaniel is getting more comfortable. I an earlier writing I predicted he would have a breakout year. Learning brings confidence which enables him to play fast and physical.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post