Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Isaiah Jackson makes SEC All-Freshman Team and All-Defensive Team

Otherwise, Kentucky players shut out from the 16-member first and second team voted on by the men's basketball coaches.

Birmingham, Ala. – The Southeastern Conference unveiled its men’s basketball coaches’ postseason awards Tuesday.

Alabama’s Nate Oats earned SEC Coach of the Year honors and Alabama’s Herbert Jones was selected the SEC Player of the Year and SEC Defensive Player of the Year by the league’s coaches. Vanderbilt’s Dylan Disu earned SEC Scholar-Athlete of the Year; Arkansas’ Moses Moody was tabbed SEC Freshman of the Year and Arkansas’ JD Notae was voted SEC Sixth Man of the Year.

First-team and second-team All-SEC honorees, All-Freshman team, All-Defensive team, along with Player, Coach and Freshman, Defensive, Sixth-Man and Scholar-Athlete of the Year were chosen by the league’s 14 coaches. Ties were not broken.

A complete list of the 2021 SEC Men’s Basketball postseason awards follows:

First Team All-SEC
    Herbert Jones, Alabama
    John Petty Jr., Alabama
    Moses Moody, Arkansas
    Tre Mann, Florida
    Cameron Thomas, LSU
    Devontae Shuler, Ole Miss
    Dru Smith, Missouri
    Scotty Pippen Jr., Vanderbilt

Second Team All-SEC
    Jaden Shackelford, Alabama
    Colin Castleton, Florida
    Sahvir Wheeler, Georgia
    Javonte Smart, LSU
    Trendon Watford, LSU
    D.J. Stewart Jr., Mississippi State
    Jeremiah Tilmon, Missouri
    AJ Lawson, South Carolina

All-Freshman Team
    Joshua Primo, Alabama
    Moses Moody, Arkansas
    Sharife Cooper, Auburn
    KD Johnson, Georgia
    Isaiah Jackson, Kentucky
    Cameron Thomas, LSU
    Keon Johnson, Tennessee
    Jaden Springer, Tennessee

All-Defensive Team
    Herbert Jones, Alabama
    Isaiah Jackson, Kentucky
    Abdul Ado, Mississippi State
    Dru Smith, Missouri
    Yves Pons, Tennessee

Coach of the Year: Nate Oats, Alabama
    Player of the Year: Herbert Jones, Alabama
    Scholar-Athlete of the Year: Dylan Disu, Vanderbilt
    Freshman of the Year: Moses Moody, Arkansas
    Sixth-Man of the Year: JD Notae, Arkansas
    Defensive Player of the Year: Herbert Jones, Alabama
    Comments 5 Comments
      KeithKSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
      Not unexpected today, but who woulda thought that before the season began?
      Wasn’t Sarr preseason POY?
      StuBleedsBlue2 -
      None of us would have thought that it would be so UK light, but the SEC is getting better and better. I think the SEC is right there with the Big 12 this season, just behind the B1G, and I don't think there is a lot of separation. I don't expect that that to change anytime soon.

However, next season will be a return to normalcy. The UK/BBN experience is going to be SO amped up next year and we are really going to see the effect it provides to the program. That's always why it's been a real head-scratcher for me when I hear UK fans make comments like, "all schools are going through it". It normalizes the BBN to every other school. The fan base is the heart and soul of the program, you take that away from the experience and it shouldn't surprise us that there is a negative effect, and that only happens at a very small number of schools and we have seen that in the results.
      StuBleedsBlue2 -
      Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
      Wasn’t Sarr preseason POY?
      I thought it was Keyonte Johnson.

Sarr was 2nd team
      KeithKSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by StuBleedsBlue2 View Post
      None of us would have thought that it would be so UK light, but the SEC is getting better and better. I think the SEC is right there with the Big 12 this season, just behind the B1G, and I don't think there is a lot of separation. I don't expect that that to change anytime soon.
      I expect the NCAA tourney will show that a lot of teams in the B1G are overrated.
      StuBleedsBlue2 -
      Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
      I expect the NCAA tourney will show that a lot of teams in the B1G are overrated.
      I certainly hope so. I lived in B1G territory for 23 years and there are two things that are consistent with fans from every school. They all think they are THE elite conference in football and basketball and they all despise UK. I've softened just a bit since it's not in my face everyday, but I hope they go down in flames.

Oddly enough, of all the fanbases largely represented in and around Chicago that did not have that absolute hatred for UK were Kansas fans. Some did, but many I met actually looked at UK more as a fellow blue blood and reserved their venom for the B1G and Duke/UNC. I won't be returning the lukewarm feelings for them any time soon, but I would rather see other Big 12 schools potentially be the team that breaks out of the championship slump than the B1G.
  • KSR Twitter Feed