Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• ULM Football Schedule Released, Opens at Kentucky

MONROE, La. –ULM's 2021 12-game football schedule features six home games for just the fifth time since joining the NCAA Football Bowl Subdivision (formerly known as Division I-A). The six home contests along with non-conference road games at Kentucky and LSU highlight the upcoming schedule.

Six of ULM's 12 opponents participated in postseason bowl games last season, including three teams that finished ranked in the final Associated Press Top 25: No. 14 Coastal Carolina (11-1), No. 15 Ragin' Cajuns (10-1) and No. 17 Liberty (10-1).

The Warhawks open the Terry Bowden era as head coach with a road game at Kentucky on Saturday, Sept. 4.

Next, ULM plays back-to-back home games in Malone Stadium: Sept. 18 against Jackson State, led by first-year head coach Deion Sanders, and Sept. 25 against Troy in the Sun Belt Conference opener.

In Week 2 of Sun Belt action, the Warhawks travel to defending East Division Champion Coastal Carolina on Saturday, Oct. 2.

ULM opens a three-game homestand against East Division foe Georgia State on Saturday, Oct. 9 and a non-conference match-up against Liberty on Saturday, Oct. 16 sandwiched between another league game on Oct. 23 against West Division rival South Alabama.

The Warhawks close out the regular season by playing four of their last five games on the road. ULM begins the stretch with a pair of Sun Belt road games at Appalachian State (Oct. 30) and Texas State (Nov. 6) before returning to Malone Stadium on Nov. 13 for Senior Day against Arkansas State. The Warhawks make their first trip to Tiger Stadium since 2014 to face LSU on Saturday, Nov. 20 before traveling to the West Division rival Ragin' Cajuns for the regular-season finale on Saturday, Nov. 27.

The 2021 Sun Belt Football Championship Game is scheduled for Saturday, Dec. 4.

"It's a demanding schedule no doubt, but with challenges, come opportunities," Bowden said. "There definitely aren't any gimmes on the schedule, with six postseason bowl teams from last season, including three Top 20 teams.

"I can assure you our team will be fired up to play an outstanding SEC team in Kentucky in the season opener. Following the bye in Week 2, we'll close out the month of September with back-to-back home games. First, Jackson State, coached by Deion Sanders, who was a two-time All-American for my father at Florida State in the late 1980s, in our much-anticipated home opener, and then Troy in our Sun Belt Conference opener.

"Of course, the three consecutive home games in October catch my eye. Hopefully, that's a stretch we're we can really begin to gel and build confidence.

"Playing four of the last five games on the road is a tremendous challenge, but it's an opportunity to display some real growth as a team," Bowden continued. "I believe in the adage, 'November is for contenders.' As we build this program, it's our goal to be playing our best football in meaningful games late in the season."

ULM begins spring practice on Saturday, March 13, with the spring game scheduled for Saturday, April 17 (kickoff TBD).

2021 ULM football season-ticket renewals and new sales begin on Wednesday, March 3.

Comments 1 Comment
      Darrell KSR -
      Here's a quick interview with Terry Bowden you might find interesting. It's only about two or three minutes, and there's nothing about Kentucky in it, but they are our first opponent.

Says ULM held back a couple of scholarships for the "Portal Draft."

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=3757953057586066
  • KSR Twitter Feed