Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Hinshaw Relieved of Duties

Has Served as Co-Offensive Coordinator and Quarterbacks Coach Since 2016

LEXINGTON, Ky. – Darin Hinshaw, who has served as co-offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach for University of Kentucky football since 2016, has been relieved of duties, Coach Mark Stoops announced Sunday.

“I greatly appreciate Darin’s hard work and commitment to our program and contributions to the success we’ve had,” Stoops said.

Over the last five seasons, UK has compiled a 36-26 record, advancing to the TaxSlayer Bowl, Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl, VRBO Citrus Bowl and Belk Bowl.

“I thank Dr. Capilouto and Mitch Barnhart for the opportunity to coach at UK,” Hinshaw said. “Mark Stoops is an unbelievable head coach, friend, and someone I look up to. It was an honor to be on his staff and coach the quarterbacks the last five years. I want to thank Eddie Gran, being with him the last eight years and going to eight straight bowl games.

“Lastly, I want to thank all the players I’ve coached at UK, I love you all and will never forget the great victories and history we made at Kentucky.”

Stoops said that the search for a new coach would begin immediately.
  • KSR Twitter Feed