Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• VAUGHT: Lackluster defensive effort against Vandy

By LARRY VAUGHT

Kentucky gave up 408 yards and 35 points Saturday to Vanderbilt, a team not exactly known for its offensive prowess this season.

So even though UK won 38-35, those numbers are certainly worrisome knowing Kentucky’s next two games are against No. 1 Alabama and No. 6 Florida.

Kentucky coach Mark Stoops, a defensive-minded coach, was not happy with his team’s defense and didn’t mince words after the game.

“It just seemed like to me that it was one of those games where they want everybody else to make the play, not them,” said Stoops. “That's just how I felt. I don't know. We'll see.”

Part of the yards and points came against Kentucky backup defenders after the Cats built a 17-point lead in the second half. Linebacker Jamin Davis had 15 tackles, his third straight game with 10 or more tackles.

“I’m sure there are some guys that played very hard, but to me we were just out there oozing, just lining up, expecting somebody to make a call, stop somebody instead of making plays and trying to stop people,” Stoops said.

“It was evident. We made very few competitive plays.”

Davis, UK’s most consistent defensive player this year, knows the Cats have things to “clean up” defensively but cannot overreact because Alabama and Florida, two high powered offensive teams, are next on the schedule.

“We don’t worry about anything. Like I said before we don’t pay attention to outside noise and what-not. We just prepare the same way we would prepare for anyone else and do what we got to do to come out the right way,” Davis said.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post